• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO movement "dies" over night - please help

No name

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/10
Gents,

I got my UPO from a TD last week. I LOVE it. It's gorgeous and has the same "feel" to it like the gen I tryed on (just before ordering the rep). Only the lume really sucks, but that can be dealt with later.

What cannot be dealt with later, is this: I go to bed at 11:30 pm and when I get up the next morning at 6 am the watch stopped at 4:30 am (give or take a half an our :-( EVERY morning no matter how much I "spin" around during the day.

I really don't want to send the watch back, so any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

no name

No name

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/10
Asian 2824 with 28800 beats... That's all I know.

Thanks,

no name

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Possibly something wrong with the reversing gear not giving it a full wind?
But whatever it is, it is most likely headed back to it's mother land. With that type of power reserve issue, fixing it here would almost certainly mean installing a new movement.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
That's the beauty of Asian clones. Your best bet is to have it shipped back to China, or to have it replaced with a good Swiss movement.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Your best bet is to wind it. Bet it will still be running the next morning.

No name

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/10
Thanks guys!!!

Winding it by hand did the trick, so that'll do for now. I can always get an ETA 2824-2 over here and replace the current one - which would be MUCH faster than sending it back, so once the hand winding goes to my nerves too much, that's what I'll do.

Thanks again,

no name

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Between getting it's power reserve up and the rotor movement, you're probably not going to have a problem.

Lot's of Noobs (no offense) take it as gospel that these watches don't ever need winding. That's a fallacy. When you put on a totally dead watch and probably sit at a desk all day, then take it off at night and set it on your dresser, you haven't built enough power reserve to make it through the night.

Do some manual labor during the day and wear it all night and it should pretty much go forever.