• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Mods Needed!!

Cheepsk8

Looking Around
17/1/09
I've only had my UPO a few weeks and already my crown won't stay closed, and I tried not to use it, and not to overtighen, but nonetheless the crown pops out af few times a day! So, I'm thinking about replacing with geniune parts, does anybody know if they will fit? (my movement is the swiss ETA, the first thing I did when I got it was to verify). Is it hard to do? Also, my logo is slightly off center and the more I look at it the more I want to rip the watch apart and fix!! So I thought...why not replace with a gen dial? Does anybody know if this can be done easily? I did the research for the cost of the parts and although it may delay the purchase of my next rep, I think these mods will allow me to wear my UPO comfortably, and not worry about someone picking it out as a rep. Any and all thoughts would be appreciatied, and if anybody is interested in performing the work hit my back! thanks.

buffalox

Horology Curious
22/1/09
There are some threads I am following on the various forums (do a search) but no clear tutorial that I can find yet... (I'm on the same path)

I'll post again if I find anything especially helpful, but do a search with "UPO", "GEN", "DIAL" as your search and maybe there will be something there!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
With some tools these are pretty easy to fix. The crown tube should fit the 45.5 UPO but no one can guarantee that because you never know with the changes made and factories making cases might change too. No way to track it. I can tell you that I successfully transplanted a crown tube/crown in a 42MM by using golf club epoxy. The hole in the case was .5MM too big. It works perfectly! You can't tell. I use the screwball case back opener exclusively now it works on 99% of what I am working on from Omega, Tag, Panerai and Rolly.

So, get a screw ball check to see if you have the ETA layout and order up the dial, hands, dial dots, crown tube, crown and an extra stem. It's really not that hard and it makes a huge difference. I have a tutorial around somewhere but it pails in comparison to Cybee's and Francisco's.