• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Macro shots

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
I know that this one has been done to death but keeping with my macro shot theme, here is another one. *The Omega UPO. *I got this one from Lay. *Maybe someone will benefit from these pics.
** * * *If you like checking out the macro pics check my other threads. *I've been going through my collection and snapping away. *I'll have more Omegas, Breitlings, and Pams to come. *Got a few Rollies to do also. *Hopefully get my hands on a Blackbird soon and maybe even hunt down a Swissfish. *I'm in the market for one. *Enjoy!!!

Here's what were looking at.

f2c08e88.jpg

9f2f5930.jpg

I left mine on the rubber strap. *I like the look plus the ss bracelet is a pain in the arse to size.

Let's get a little closer
834c6f2e.jpg

842a6d7f.jpg

bc1b5f07.jpg

12ab0e5d.jpg

ff57285e.jpg

f9cd4cd1.jpg

adbadd5d.jpg

b35a98e8.jpg

4dac1d24.jpg

Some case shots

9e752eb5.jpg

6e18c028.jpg

81cfbc65.jpg

dd67b8d7.jpg

c1865f46.jpg

00655383.jpg

Case back

18f0ffa2.jpg

a7a26690.jpg

6d56513e.jpg

cced5443.jpg

993e58b4.jpg

Buckle and strap

98f7de07.jpg

e3ea10d8.jpg

5e424fb6.jpg

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
Thanks buddy. Do you think these macro shots are a waste of time? I figure maybe someone could benefit from these. I know when I was a noob and didn't know what to look for I would loved to see a macro shot.

As far as the watch goes I love it but I wish it had the proper beveled step down edge around the date window.

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
Hi, I personally like them... Do what you do... if members don't like them, I am sure they will just skip past them. Knowledge is power. Plus it looks like it is fun!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Watch looks great! But more importantly these are phenomenal photos, really brilliant work and it's obvious you have some talent. You should be an official photographer for Omega
judging by the quality of these :)

WTR

Horology Curious
18/5/11
Awesome shots! As a noob myself, these shots are a great help. I just ordered this exact watch from Lay. Thanks to your pic's I'm more confident than ever in what I ordered. Thanks Snpr!

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
Watch looks great! But more importantly these are phenomenal photos, really brilliant work and it's obvious you have some talent. You should be an official photographer for Omega
judging by the quality of these :)

Wow...thank you but I wouldn't go that far. I'm just learning as I go. These were with a cell phone. I do more serious work with a DSLR. I did a post named Navitimer Fun in the Breitling section that's more my taste. But thank you again all the same. I'll keep snapping away.

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Thanks for these macro shots Snpr9696. Like you said, for the average newcomer to rep watches, pictures like this really do help people like myself.

I've also been very interested in purchasing a UPO from Lay at ReplicaMake, so it's nice to see the quality of the watch in better detail.

Out of interest is this the 5th generation UPO, and what movement did you opt for, the Swiss ETA or the Asian ETA?

Thanks in advance.

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
My is the 45mm UPO lay currently offers with ETA movement. I think the 45mm is a V4 whereas the 42mm is a v5 version. Perhaps someone else can clarify. If you like the macros see the links in my sig line for others.

I'll be doing a Rollie sea dweller tomorrow. I'll also be doing a Chanel J12, Breitling SOSF, BlackBird, Seawolf too.

svenkramer

22/1/11
Thanks for these macro shots Snpr9696. Like you said, for the average newcomer to rep watches, pictures like this really do help people like myself.

I've also been very interested in purchasing a UPO from Lay at ReplicaMake, so it's nice to see the quality of the watch in better detail.

Out of interest is this the 5th generation UPO, and what movement did you opt for, the Swiss ETA or the Asian ETA?

Thanks in advance.

Lay has the newest version...
No happy feet.

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
My is the 45mm UPO lay currently offers with ETA movement. I think the 45mm is a V4 whereas the 42mm is a v5 version. Perhaps someone else can clarify. If you like the macros see the links in my sig line for others.

I'll be doing a Rollie sea dweller tomorrow. I'll also be doing a Chanel J12, Breitling SOSF, BlackBird, Seawolf too.

Swiss ETA or the Asian ETA?

I've heard that the Swiss version is a better option because it has a more accurate datewheel, not sure if that's entirely true though.