• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Lume

mdsdenver

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/09
I am looking to get a couple UPOs. Who has the best lume straight out of the box? I don't really want to have to ship them off to Vac and am more than willing to pay up front for decent lume. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Unless you buy it already modded by a forum member, I think you're always going to be disappointed with the rep lume quality, no matter whicih dealer you get it from.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
the lume on a upo is much better than average. i had my wife's 42.5mm relumed because i had gen hands put in it. my 45mm upo i left alone because it isn't worth the money for better lume. it is good enough to start with so i can't justify the extra cost. i did have the pearl done because it was too green but that is it.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Sorry bud I've had just about every version of the PO and although all were acceptable by rep standards none were close to being superlumed. Although I've been out the game for several months I still don't see any dealers offering this superlumed out of the box.

Sean K

mdsdenver

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/09
thanks guys. I know the lume sucks on most reps. I was just hoping there was a UPO that didn't suck as bad as my noobmariner. I totally wouldn't expect them to be as bright as my PAMs from DSN but hopefully not as crappy as my noobmar. Where did you get yours HK?

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
both of mine are from ruby but they are about 2 years old or so. i know these watches have been through a few dial changes so maybe the lume isn't as good as it used to be.

seank says all of his have been bad, i have only had these 2 and they are almost as good as my gen v series daytona. obviously my experience has been very different from his.