• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO logo simple mod

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
Read up on a couple of threads on UPO happy feet etc... guessed it got the better of me cos i kept seeing the feet! Haha. So here's what i did with a dial that already had a crooked happy feet.

1) Scrape off glue from back of dial and push out the 2 feets with something very thin and sharp - i used the tip of a craft knife.
2) With a tweezers, pick out the logo, it should come out without resistance.

See the cute little feet on side of dial
UPOnologo.jpg

3) With the same craft knife, i shaved off the feet on both ends

UPOcloseup.jpg

4)Position onto the hole and use a pegwood to softly push it firmly into the dial so that there is no spacing between the logo and dial

UPOlogo.jpg

5) And of course, a relume just for that Shazam

UPOlumed.jpg

Shot of lume 10s UV

UPOlumenight.jpg

Enjoy!

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
Looks great. What did you use for lume?

Thanks R2D4. I'm a fan of your UPO parts breakdown mate.

I used Watchlume's WL-WG and Gmax mixed. Available from the dealer right here in RWI.

POTM!!!!!!

Haha thanks but its nothing really, like in the title, a simple mod. Did it cos i was reluming the dial anyways.

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
Nice post!

I'm gonna try that right now. The dial is already out of the case so I might as well.
I didn't realise the metal on the logo was soft enough to just cut with a craft knife.

So many people have posted about the happy feet problem, but I've never seen anyone answer it with such a simple mod. Good work!