• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Upo lite engine failure

aquila105

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/09
Hello guys,

I own a UPO 45.5 Lite, got it from a member and it worked just fine for about a couple of months. The movement (I believe a 23J) is hiccupping, or stopping every once in a while. Do you have any suggestions for a new movement and where to buy it? I like the watch and I'd like to keep it alive :)

Thank You,

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Need more info. If you can find out where it came from that would be helpful.

aquila105

13/9/09
Fakemaster, thank you for the help locating the posting...guess I am not as familiar as I would like with the site and BTW completely forgot that it was an Omega, since I've been having this IWC obsession for a while now and looked for it in the IWC forum :-0
Anyway I bought the watch from our Q5? back in October. I believe he got it from Narikaa and didn't use it that much. The movement is a 22j and it has been adjusted and waterproofed by a local watchmaker here in Virginia in November. It worked just fine 'till a couple of days ago. Thanks again!

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I talked to q. He is going to let me know exactly where that one came from. Once I know which one it is I can help you more.

otakki

19/9/09
I'm glad I have gotten mine from fakeymaster. It has never stopped ticking since day one. Anyway, best wishes to you to have it fixed. It must have been frustrating to have a watch behaving like that.

aquila105

13/9/09
I'm glad I have gotten mine from fakeymaster. It has never stopped ticking since day one. Anyway, best wishes to you to have it fixed. It must have been frustrating to have a watch behaving like that.

Otakki, to tell you the truth, based on what I've heard in this forum that particular movement is not the best out there, therefore I knew the time was going to come. I like the watch so I'd like to give it a new -and perhaps better- heart :)

Thank you for your concern my friend,