• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Upo is different than po ??

miguel365

10/6/10
Hi,

I own an Narikka PO 45mm 21j. I am very very happy with it.
Now i would like to buy one better with better finish (dial, claps, dial, hands...). I not want same watch with only better movement.

So is there any UPO with very great finish on all parts ( whitout talking about movement).

I will agree one member who own narikka and upo to compare.

Thanks.

hooligan76

Known Member
4/7/10
Yes the UPO is a better version of the PO. I own the UPO & the Narikka PO and side by side comparison you can tell a difference. The UPO is more correct to the original.

The finish (brushing/polishing) is a little better, the dial & hands look more gen like as does the bezel and bezel lume pearl, the HE valve is also not correct on the Narikka PO but is on the UPO. Also the case dimentions are very close to gen & can accept most gen parts on the UPO. The bracelet is very similar to the Narikka PO but the UPO evgraving on the clasp is deeper like the gen and the end links curve a little more to allow a better fit than on the Narikka version.

I will try to take some photo's of both together & post later today for you to see the difference.

The Narikka PO is a great watch & I wear mine as my daily work watch but the UPO is definately worth purchasing for sure!

miguel365

10/6/10
Very very thanks for detalled reply. I use mi po as daily watch too.
Does the upo pearl paste on bezel like po Narikka or incrusted in bezel??

Thanks to post some pictures when you can, this will be very nice and surely make me buy an upo.

hooligan76

Known Member
4/7/10
The UPO pearl is imbedded into the bezel, not just pasted on like the PO, it looks much better.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
A PO in replica terms is the smaller of the 2 Planet Oceans. 42MM often referred to as the 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation. These were ETA, with correct he Valve, crown and tiny tooth bezel. NOW OUT OF PRODUCTION.

A UPO 45.5MM is typically an ETA or ETA clone with sapphire crystal, built in pearl, correct He Valve and crown. Best of the 45.5's.

All others are usually called 45.5 PO Asian 21J or 42MM PO Asian 21J

LSU_Tigers^*

Horology Curious
30/8/10
The UPO pearl is imbedded into the bezel, not just pasted on like the PO, it looks much better.

Is there a recommended way to correct this pasted pearl. I just received my first rep and this is the only thing I do not like about it.