• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO GROUP BUY REVIEW

bxa67

Getting To Know The Place
11/8/08
Hello Ladies & Gents:
Today I got my UPO Group by from daytona4me & thought I would give a review.
I will use the normal Pro/Con review.
Pros:
Greg, is very nice to deal with & of course he has helped alot of us to get a great deal on this & I am sure many watches. Greg went the extra mile to ship the watch Con usa to me since there was a mistake overseas with my addy. Thank you!

PROS:
I would say that this watch is about 90% correct to the gen. I have the Orange UPO,
The head is great! I do not think I will mod anything on the head, my thought is that IF i like it alot I should save my pennies & get a gen.
The detail on the case back is nice, the HE vaule is functional & the screw tube crown is nice as well. At this Point I have not full timed the watch so I can not comment on the accuracy, but once I do, I might regulate it if needed.

CONS:
It seems that the REP Manufacture spent the Money in the right place & that is on the head. I did have a very hard time sizing this braclet, even when the pins where out, they just would not come out (one even broke). So if you are going to size this watch take your time & brew a cup of Joe/coffee & have at it. In the end this is not earth shaking as this IS a REP & nothing that a NICE strap will Not cure :) maybe on Mesh ss style. ALSO if you Ever break a Pin try this trick, Make your own pin out of a PAPER CLIP cut to size & then just put a little (very little) drop of Crazy glue on one side of the CLIP & wholla you are good to go. I have done this with many watches & it works great!

As an update, I let Greg know about the difficulties with the sizing, and He noted that soaking the braclet w/ WD40 might help when sizing for you future owners. If anyone has any other secrets let me know.

Thank you & enjoy your UPO's :) Best Rgds Bill.

bzilla

Still New
28/10/08
good to hear. how long from the time your ordered did it take for the watch to arrive??
I am currently playing the waiting game on mine cant wait for it to show up. I already ordered a custom strap for it...

bxa67

11/8/08
I ordered the watch 11/26 & got it yesterday 12/13, so if you factor in the Thanksgiving holiday about 2weeks, but daytona4me is very nice to deal with & he even went the extra mile & shipped the watch to me from his place in the states since there was a mix up with my addy from China etc... And he did this at no extra charge to me :) thanks Greg!

Ps RE: the sizing, I also read another post about using an EXTRA long pin sizer to get the job done & not to use a pair of pliars to pull the pins out.

Best Rgds Bill

bxa67

11/8/08
Update, ok I understand why some would go ahead & get the gen dial & relume the hands on this model, but overall this one very very close watch to the gen forsure. Now If I can get the Chinese watch MFG's to make their own high end brands, I think we will be good :)