• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO gen dial project

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Hey guys, I am a noob to modding etc; what am I getting myself into by attempting to put a gen dial/hands on the UPO pumpkin? Is it very difficult and how do you put new hands back on correctly without bending?
thanks for your input!

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
I would STRONGLY suggest you have a competent watch maker, modder perform this task for you...

robbnj

11/6/09
+1,000

I modded a Canal Street Sub & was STILL paranoid I'd fark it up.
A UPO is not the way to teach yourself watchsmithing...

reeder139

Supporter
14/4/09
Then again, how will you ever learn without trying, just don't use gen hands and dial on your first go. When i started I ruined a few watches but only cheap ones.

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
thanks guys! Will most watchsmiths replace a dial on a rep, or is it more of a don't ask don't tell policy...

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Dial is 242.00 Hands are 58.00. You will need to make/buy a hand staking tool. You will need a case back opener (duct tape). You must have a good set of screw drivers. You will need a hand removers (levers or Presto). You will need silicone grease. You will need to lengthen the dial posts or use dial dots. You will need a dial protector.

I could go on. :) It's only money. I can talk you through it if you wish. Be careful. ;)

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
haha can I get those tools from ofrei? Those are a lot more tools than I thought I would need... :) I would love to do it, I just wouldn't want to be out of $300+ by screwing it up! my dial is just so crappy every time I look at it, it annoys me! I am starting to get obsessed with modding this thing to become perfect....

thicklove

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/09
I am excited for you and your passion to do-it-yourself. Good luck! If only I had the money and the guts to do this.

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
well.. the problem is the $ haha I am addicted, want another sub and mod a little, but gotta choose, what a dilemma! I guess welcome to the Hobby ;)

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
popcorn.gif

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
thanks guys! Will most watchsmiths replace a dial on a rep, or is it more of a don't ask don't tell policy...

Use Katt, he'll do a great job for you. Putting hands on and stuff like that if you haven't done it before can be a real pain in the butt. I gave up, and now leave it to the pros. :)