• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Gen Bezel

jadematic

Horology Curious
5/7/09
Hi all,

I wanted to get some peoples assistance and views on changing the bezel on my UPO to a Gen which I have just purchased thought I could put up with the pearl being a little off centre but its really bugging me.

So can any one assist I may also look at removing the insert and pearl and replacing it with the gen but feel that would be an expensive insert I just purchased If I did do that so any help is welcome or if anyone can tell me who can do this change for me I would be interested to speak to them.

Thanks

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Can you show us a picture of the "off center" problem?

You might just need the Gen SMP pearl mod. :thinking:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
R2 only replaced my pearl. Mine still has the rep insert and bezel. ;)

DSC02870b.jpg

DSC02729b.jpg

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
the main reason to change only the pearl on a PO and not the insert too, is that the insert isn't available without the actual bezel (as a genuine part that is) this is quite pricey, and for that reason it seems like a better deal to keep the rep insert and add the gen pearl- however if your pearl hole is off centre, then that would stiull leave you with a dodgy bezel?
I guess you bought a whole bezel with bezel and insert?
even if you had a aligned pearl on your rep insert, the actual look of the pearl would still be different to the gen, so you would probably still desire an improvement on it :)
good luck....
ps any of the modders can help you with this I guess..

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
This is pic showing the pearl it is a little of to the left, I will have a Gen bezel tomorrow so will be looking into how to replace it.

img0668d.jpg

That does look off center. You can ask the dealer for a replacement bezel insert or try to buy one. It would be much easier/cheaper to use a rep UPO insert + Gen pearl than buying the Gen insert/bezel assembly.

I looked at a Gen insert/bezel at ofrei last time I was in there and decided to stick with the rep one.

Rep insert $20 + Gen pearl $50-65 = $ 85 approx

Gen insert = $224 ofrei