• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO from Ruby

dlanzer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/07
:D I just wanted to thank all the members of this forum. I have been looking at reviews for countless hours, and my wife thinks I am crazy. I brought up hand bags and she walked away (thanks for the tip). After reading the reviews I came up with a UPO from Ruby. It arrived in 4 days and I could not be more happy about the transaction. The quality of the watch seems to be very good, I have no complaints but will make a few comments on what I have found. The lume on the pearl is slightly green so it is not a 100% match to the dial markers, the lume is not super bright but it is no worse than any other watch I own. (I think the modded watches are setting my standards) I'm not to sure if it has the correct symbol or not. The crown does srcew in with no effort. When crown is unscrewed the stem feels flimsy but that could just be me. Again I am not complaining as the watch looks and feels great to me. I have not seen it side by side with a gen but from memory it looks on the money. Thanks again for all the time everyone puts into this forum, and I am looking for my next rep. (I've been bitten by the watch bug)
If I am not in the correct section please move the post............ :?:

pineypl

25/6/07
Congrats, Ruby is indeed a treat to deal with. You guys with the UPOs are killing me. :)
What a great looking watch, nice pics too. A gen dial from ofrei is only $198 USD. ;-)
Gen hands are about $40 USD.

I am going to pull the trigger on the black UPO tomorrow. I can't wait.

taiji

30/11/06
Congrats and welcome to the darkside. I got the same watch as you (2006 model black bezel and orange numerals). My pearl is also showing more greenish than the lume markers. The omega logo is off on our version. But if you are not so anal about it. The watch has one of the finest construction among other reps. My one is earning lots of compliment from my friends and customers.

The watch we have is already very close to the gen. If you really really want to go for the best, a dial change is the sure way to go. You'll know what I mean after you've compared with the gen.

Good luck and here's my pics

951807338_df747fefa1.jpg

951807286_b24faeace6.jpg

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
you sir got a GEM.

the UPO is the best omega rep IMO hands down. They will have their shortcomings but that's because these are replicas you're dealing with, so of course things that you mentioned: Lume, floppy stem, and not super-correcto logo will be tehre, but no one will know :)

the lume is your "better than avrg" rep lume. You can get that modded.

Wear it well!!! this watch made me go out and read everything about omega and made me go spend money on some real ones :D

dlanzer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/07
Tested it in the pool yesterday. Its only 5 feet deep but it looks good so far. I havent been any deeper in a long time so its good enough for me. Has anyone taken this watch diving without any mods.

Thanks 8)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
dlanzer said:
Tested it in the pool yesterday. Its only 5 feet deep but it looks good so far. I havent been any deeper in a long time so its good enough for me. Has anyone taken this watch diving without any mods.

Thanks 8)

I took mine to a swimming hole up in Northern Minnesota. The water was friken cold. I like to swim and dive into the water. This watch is awesome! Enjoy it, Use it, Don't be afraid.