• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO dial size vs 42mm, are they different?

auslander

18/2/11
As the title of this thread reads I wonder if the dial sizes of all the Planet Oceans are the same. I dont have a 42mm PO to measure but I imagine they're the same. Can someone chime in? I want to move a dial thats originally in a XL PO to a 42mm... Is it possible?

Aus

auslander

18/2/11
Are you sure its not the case thats different and the dials the same size? Have you measured them? I'm holding on to hope that its the case thats different.

i guess that makes sense but i had a SMP dial next to my 45mm dial and they didnt seem to be that big a difference...

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Nope i have them infront of me... as svenkramer say the 45mm dial is way bigger...

auslander

18/2/11
when you have a sec, can you take a pic of them next to each other if you dont mind?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
i will dismantle my UPO tomorrow but until the then i can give you just an image of what i see. I put the 42mm dial on the UPO crystal and still i can see the UPO dial. 1-1.5 mm aprox.

auslander

18/2/11
Awesome, thanks! I think Omega makes a 42mm version of the diamond dial PO. I'll get that one.

dan_j

5/11/10
Yeah the dials are completely different in size. Also, if you notice the location of the date window, you will see that 42mm dial has the window much closer to the edge. And I believe the position of the writings on the dial are different too. Dial swap is definitely out of the question unfortunately.

Daniel

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
What does the diamond PO dial have that's different? Glossy? Blue lume?

auslander

18/2/11
What does the diamond PO dial have that's different? Glossy? Blue lume?

white/blue lume, glossy finish, raised 'Omega' symbol, lettering and numbers
PO3.JPG

this pic is from a thread on watchuseek. So I'll need to get the matching hands and have the pearl relumed to match. I'm thinking orange bezel with that dial.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Wow, that's cool! I didn't even know dials like this existed with the raised lettering and numbers except for the LM version. Nice! I guess I never bothered even looking at the diamond version before, I find it frightening to look at bling :)

auslander

18/2/11
yea the diamond bezel is over the top. I'm tired of my matte dial with the orange. i think the glossy dial is going to look hot with the AR and orange contrast bezel

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I owe you a photo aus,i had no time time today... That dial is really really cool!!! I didnt know the existance of it or else i would have ordered that one fro my franken... Do you know price or part number?

auslander

18/2/11
If you order from Ofrei the 42mm is [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT]OME-2500-DIAL#8 and the 45mm[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT]OME-2500-DIAL#9. They're expensive @ $500 and you have to wait 6 weeks to get it.
[/FONT]
I REALLY wish I could find a gen QoS dial. I love the Walther grip look to it. Might someday get a gen on eBay or something and change the crystal and caseback.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
ouch!!!!500$!!!! very nice but i dont know if it worth spending that much...as for the qos dial i love the Walther grip look too but i dont like the quantum of solace written on it otherwise its simply awesome!

auslander

18/2/11
Wow, that's cool! I didn't even know dials like this existed with the raised lettering and numbers except for the LM version. Nice! I guess I never bothered even looking at the diamond version before, I find it frightening to look at bling :)

Yea, the Quantum of Solace has it, The LM, the Diamond PO and I'm missing one. I'll look in my catalog later. Also, the SMP has the Non America Cup (which I have on another watch) and all the coaxial SMPs have raised logos. The gen dials arent cheap :(

ouch!!!!500$!!!! very nice but i dont know if it worth spending that much...as for the qos dial i love the Walther grip look too but i dont like the quantum of solace written on it otherwise its simply awesome!

I agree! Although I saw the dial in person and the beauty of it ate away at me so i had to buy it. When i get it installed i'll post a vid and pictures.

The Walther dial is awesome but they ruined it by the laser etched crystal and cheesy extras. I thought about buying a rep QoS PO just to harvest the dial if it werent so incorrect :(