• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO crown problem

hottunaz

Known Member
5/10/09
I have a 45mm UPO, which the crown won't screw in!!! What do I need to fix it? Do I just need a new crown? Or new crown tube as well? Thank you

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Take both to be sure..Easy fix and cheap...This problem consists to take place in many po's..

hottunaz

Known Member
5/10/09
Ok..should I source replica parts or gen? Ive read somewhere the gen tube will not fit without some modifications..

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Buy the gen so as not to have any problems in the future, they both will fit without a problem...

Sent from my Desire HD

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
I'm not sure if the 45mm UPO will be the same as the 42mm PO but the 42mm requires the tube to be epoxied as the tube is slightly smaller than the threaded hole in the case. A quick fix I tried and had success with (while waiting for the gen crown/tube from ofrei to arrive) was to pull the crown and stem and gently squezze the tube making it a bit out round....giving the crown something to screw into. It worked for me and allowed me to continue wearing it until the replacement parts arrived.