• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Chrono Hour Hand Problem

anthon

Horology Curious
16/12/10
Hello,

I am a owner of a upo chrono from puretime, while the watch that was sent was ideal and perfect for me, the way I live my life isn't so perfect for the watch.... Which has left me the watch in perfect working order barring the hour hand on the chronograph, which seems to have stuck to the 5 position. So the question is.... can I fix this little bastard or at least put it to the 0 position?

MMA

5/10/10
If you're not going to have a watchsmith look at it, and are capable of decasing and recasing the movement you could try pressing the hand on with whatever suitable tool you have at hand.

If it still doesn't work, and you're still not taking to it to a watchsmith, you can slide the hand around to the correct position. The best non-professional tool for this is something like a pencil eraser or a toothpick.

BTW, there are no chrono hands on an UPO

anthon

Horology Curious
16/12/10
Thanks, the hand has now decided to fall off anyway..... So i guess decasing and having a go at sticking it back on isn't going to matter much as if it's still broken, I'll get another.
Cheers for the help MMA, much appreciated.