• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Bracelet

Rob319

Horology Curious
2/10/08
Hi to all,
I have an "Omega" UPO that I bought from D4M several months ago.
It's been a great rep, however, a few weeks ago the stud (mushroom shaped stem) popped off the clasp and I need to get a new one.
I assume ill have to replace the whole clasp? ofrei has what I believe is an OEM clasp, but at $146 its kind of expensive. Anyone know where I can buy a rep clasp? or would that just be a waste of money? Any one else have a rep clasp brake like that?
I am considering changing to the Rubber bracelet but am afraid it wont be large enough.
Thanks,
Rob

DemonSlayer

Known Member
3/12/07
Do you still have that mushroom shaped stud? If you do epoxy it or glue it in place (using a good quality waterproof glue). I've done this small repair before and it works, no need to buy a whole new clasp.

Rob319

Horology Curious
2/10/08
It looks like it is a 22mm bracelet, and I left it at its full length, which fits perfect for me.
Unfortunatly I lost the stud so I cant try the epoxy.
Rob

DemonSlayer

Known Member
3/12/07
Ah man, that sucks! I can't think of anything that will fit in place of that stud. Looks like a new rep bracelet is the best option. I have a spare brand new UPO bracelet for sale, PM me if you are interested.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
Rob319 said:
It looks like it is a 22mm bracelet, and I left it at its full length, which fits perfect for me.
Unfortunatly I lost the stud so I cant try the epoxy.
Rob

I have a spare PO bracelet that I am not using, as it is missing the proper clasp spring, but mine is from a 42mm PO, which is the 20mm bracelet.

Measure the deployment clasp portion for me and I can take a look and see if mine will fit yours.

Rob319

Horology Curious
2/10/08
Thanks for the reply's.
It looks like D4M is going to fix me up with a new bracelet and a Rubber band also.
Greg's a great guy!
I would still like to repair my original if possible, IYSK. Im not sure what the deploymet claps is, but the part of the clasp that the stud was attached to is 7mm wide. The part it attaches to (which connects directly to the clasp) is about 13.7 mm wide.
Thanks again.
Rob

bamrock

Horology Curious
2/10/08
I had the SAME issue....broke the piece...then lost it. Then found it and tried the epoxy....it's too much of a stressed area to work well I think. Honestly I would be more upset if the watch fell and broke because I was trying to rig something myself. In the end I sourced the new bracelet from Silix and it is good as new....well I guess it is new....so my advice is to just buy the bracelet.

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
the omega bracelets are notoriously crappy...hence why a lot of people opt to wear rubber for the UPO's instead of the steel...

check the bay for knock-off omega bracelets...