• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Bezel swap, is it possible at last?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I am opening a new thread for two reasons:

1. A guy over RG posted these photos, first time i see something like that so kudos for posting! (Gen on the left)

IMG_01091.jpg
IMG_01101.jpg

IMG_01111.jpg

2. I have seen so many threads and i want to give a final answer to this question and see no new threads in the future...

So, we all know the 42mm is a straight swap but after seeing these photos how did the 45.5mm did fit in some cases? I mean look at how the click spring teeth are way further out on the gen. I am really waiting for an expert to jump in and give his lights...

ps. The teeth of the bezel are really close!

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Hi Mr. Pap, I am not an expert but I had to reply to that thread at RG because he claimed that you cannot change gen bezel to 45.5 mm version. I just got pictures from Uwe and it can be done. And he did it before to Inushuk's UPO. Mine:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
What a great franken you got yourself sunnydale!!! I will be waiting for you thread when you get it!!!

On topic, that's the second UPO i see with a gen bezel made by Uwe, I would like to know how did he do that thing. He is an amazing modder, we all know that, but in this specific case we are talking about a top mod to fit the gen bezel... I cant wait for his input!!!

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
What a great franken you got yourself sunnydale!!! I will be waiting for you thread when you get it!!!

On topic, that's the second UPO i see with a gen bezel made by Uwe, I would like to know how did he do that thing. He is an amazing modder, we all know that, but in this specific case we are talking about a top mod to fit the gen bezel... I cant wait for his input!!!

Thanks Mr. Pap, I will definitely put up a thread once I get it back :)

I got a picture of that mod but I will let Uwe decide if he is willing to share his knowledge. He is a great modder and maybe the only one in this universe to do that mod!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well i will stay tuned for your franken thread!

Uwe i a great modder, he did very nice work with my franken also! Fitting gen bezel on the rep case i am sure it requires some top watchman craft skills which most of us aren't familiar with, and watching the photos above it must be really impressive!