• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO bezel insert help...

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
I wrote along with thicklove a few posts ago about changing the rep bezel with the gen bezel. I have now decided to take a dremel tool to the "fixed" pearl on the rep bezel to shear it off to replace the old insert with the insert from the a21j versions. I believe this has a more spot on pearl... will this work/ look halfway decent; what are your thoughts??

thicklove

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/09
Is it the pearl you don't like, the insert surrounding the pearl on the bezel, or both? For me, I don't like the bezel insert. Even though the pearl isn't great, at least it's not missing a part of itself like the bezel insert is.

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
For me the pearl is killing it! I went to the AD yesterday and he couldn't tell the diff b/t mine and theirs except the pearl looks incredible on the gen, obviously. Its bothering me so much how bad mine looks compared, I need to do something asap. Ill figure something out, when I do ill be sure to post.

CBR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/07
For me the pearl is killing it! I went to the AD yesterday and he couldn't tell the diff b/t mine and theirs except the pearl looks incredible on the gen, obviously. Its bothering me so much how bad mine looks compared, I need to do something asap. Ill figure something out, when I do ill be sure to post.

HAHAHA, you took your watch to the AD and he couldnt tell the difference? Must have been a Ben Bridge store. I dont think that any of the people they hire could tell a quartz watch from an automatic.
Good luck...

thicklove

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/09

You got balls to bring in your rep to an AD.

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
haha, I couldn't believe they didn't spot it. I quote "sweeeeet watch man! Omega PO 45mm, thats what I need..." Right when I walked in the door to Jared from the Omega salesperson. I asked him to take out a link. He tried to sell me a new bezel insert and new strap for $500. He was very helpful.

@thicklove; I just play the part, "I got it from some guy online for a good deal.." works every time.

CBR

Banned
2/7/07
@thicklove; I just play the part, "I got it from some guy online for a good deal.." works every time.

Good luck with that... But one day it is not going to work, and you will be leaving without your watch.
This is about as careless as the time I took a Call Girl to the Policemans Ball...

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
WOW! Wearing a rep to an AD is just ASKING for trouble. You know they can seize your watch for being counterfeit, right??

CBR

Banned
2/7/07
They can't seize your watch, however bringing it into an AD is a bad idea.
How sure are you of that?

Anyone check TRF lately? There is a 22 page thread discussing replica SDDS's showing up at AD's. What happens when clowns take their reps into an AD is they PISS THEM OFF.
The AD knows that the watch you just brought in represents a potential lost sale for them. In effect, all of the reps = lost revenue for them. In this economic condition, every penny counts.

If you read the 22 page thread on rep SDDS's you will find pictures FROM THIS FORUM... Taken by MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM... Read the discussion... Enough people are pissed off to be trying to track phone numbers, address's, IP addresses, etc.

So when they come knocking on the door here, just remember... it was all started by some ass clown who took a replica in to an AD.

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Hey guys, def did not know that. I don't frequently go into the AD with reps but all good knowledge! Had no idea that they could potentially seize the watch. Good insight on the pissing them off part. Guess no more trips to the AD without the gen.

After reading that link from CBR, who would try to sell their rep to someone for full pricing, or worse pass it off and try to trade it in to the AD??

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
Hey guys, def did not know that. I don't frequently go into the AD with reps but all good knowledge! Had no idea that they could potentially seize the watch. Good insight on the pissing them off part. Guess no more trips to the AD without the gen.

After reading that link from CBR, who would try to sell their rep to someone for full pricing, or worse pass it off and try to trade it in to the AD??

Taking a rep to an AD generally looked down upon by the community.

+ at any good AD, they know you're wearing a rep... most of the time they just talk you up in the hopes they can get you to buy the real thing.

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
As I am fairly new, taking them into an AD seems like a bad idea when you think about it... seriously, do people take these watches in and try to sell them as the real deal? I was reading on that other forum people were scared to buy anywhere else except an AD because people were shelling out thousands of $$ for a "gen", really?