• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Back from Pugs!!

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
Got my UPO back from Pugwash and it once again resides firmly on my wrist.

I have to say this thing came out GREAT! The gen crown & tube are solid as a rock and she's still waterproof (I tossed it into the deep end of my pool).

IMO I like the way it looks now vice when I first unpacked it. The little marks and nicks all have a story behind them and this watch is part of my history.

I'd like to thank Pugwash for the exacting repair to this watch. I love the way it came out and he did an outstanding job fixing her for me :applause:

OK enough babbling- here's the pics :D

Just chilling on the BBQ slab:
100_2602.jpg

Pulling a Luca Brasi
100_2601.jpg

A couple shots post pool retrieval:
100_2603.jpg

100_2604.jpg

And the obligatory wristie :D
100_2607.jpg

relayman

12/9/09
The HE is in the right spot, the pearl looks very good, if it wasn't for them damn happy feet, this could very well be a gen!!!!

:biglaugh:

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Who'd you get it from that did such great waterproofing? This watch is pretty certain to be my next purchase.

CobraComander

8/5/10
Just curious as to who you orderded it from with the correct HE position?
Nice watch!

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
The HE is in the right spot, the pearl looks very good, if it wasn't for them damn happy feet, this could very well be a gen!!!!

:biglaugh:

Another $108 off Hont and you can grab the correct logo off of the Ploprof and swap it onto the UPO dial.

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
Sfa, what a great pics of a good watch...
This a really good thread to read..
Tks for sharing so great pics..

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
wet is sexy!

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Looks great! I'm sure you're happy beyond words to have it back on your wrist after so long. I would have had a difficult time being as patient as you. :)

Off-topic question: Is that tat an AK underfolder? :anopsis:

nikomega

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/09
The hour-markers are so intensive white, looks like a gen`s dial. Did they get an extra lume-tuning? Usually on the PO-Replicas only the hands are bright white coloured, but unfortunately not the hour-markers and the difference is very clear in the darkness, at least that`s my opinion. If it`s possible to replace the logo with a flat one she would be absolutely perfect. Who did you get it from?

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
This was one of the very first from Andrew WAY back in the day. Nothing has been modded at all- just a replacement of the crown/tube assembly.

It was waterproof to start off with and remains so :D

You thats an AK downfolder with "Been There - Did This TO You" in Arabic. Slight translational error LOL