• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO AR Advice Needed

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I love my UPO (45mm from the D4M group buy a few years ago), except the lack of AR is really bothering me. I was wearing it in the mall yesterday and saw a similar one in a store window, along with some Tags, and my lack of AR just screamed "FAKE!!" at me in comparison.

So should I send it off for AR treatment (is PbDad the only one CONUS who does it?) for @$50-75, or should I order a gen crystal from Offrei for @ $35-168 (depending on the model)?

Assuming similar overall cost, would a gen crystal fit, and which case number would I use to get the right one?

Assuming adding AR to my rep crystal is the way to go, who would you recommend?

Thanks for the help guys. I tried searching, but the search will not recognize "ar" because it is not enough letters - even if used with other terms, so the search function only finds matches to the other terms (i.e. if I search for "ar conus", the search only looks for "conus" - doesn't help much).

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I would go with the Gen one. After you get the crystal in your hands you should have only a day or so having it installed. If you go the "AR job" route, you will be without your baby for far too long! :lol:

And you might be able to sell your rep crystal. ;)

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
Get the gen! You won't regret it, especially since you're in the US. You can get it in a couple days from Ofrei, and send it to a conus watchsmith. Total time would most likely be less than sending to watchsmith, getting crystal pressed out, sent to ar guy, sent back, pressed in, and mailed back to you. On top of all that, the colors probably still won't match gen exactly.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Tempting...

Very kind of you Q5. The generosity here never ceases to astound me.

I'm tempted to go with the gen crystal... BUT... it's a little more than I was planning to spend AND I'm pretty sure it would open the flood-gates on modding this watch with gen bezel insert, gen dial, etc.

Still not sure which way to go.

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
I'm following along because I was thinking of doing the same thing. I believe the Gen crystal is a little thinner but it doesn't make any difference. I might be wrong though.