• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO and datewheel

speedster

23/10/07
My UPO has been playing up recently, When I change the date sometimes the date wheel stops turning even though I am still twisting the crown and the crown is in the right position, when this happens I have to change the date by changing the time which takes ages as I have to keep going past 12 midnight to go onto the next date :shock: . Sometimes when I go past 12 oclock it will let me change it via the datewheel again :roll: bit unpredicatable really.
Is this a common prob? So much for reliable 'swiss' movements eh :lol: If its not, does anyone have any idea what the prob is?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
So far it has been really good on both my 4th gen PO and UPO. They have ETA2824-2 in there.

Possibly that screw on top plate holding the datewheel is not in place or the spring for quickset needs replacement.

speedster

23/10/07
Sometime soon I will buy the bits required to open it up and grow the balls to take the back off and see whats going on in there :lol:
It still works nicely other than this but havent given it much wrist-time lately cos I bought a cheapy pam111h :wink:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Alright... In any case, it would require decasing of the movement, hands removal, dial removal, checking of quickset assembly and putting those back together ;) The tools don't come cheap but you can use them for many other repair.

speedster

23/10/07
Ahhh, pretty invasive surgery then :roll: . Ill just put up with it then :lol:

Cheers for the info Tak [smilie=hello2.gif]