• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO and aftermarket bezel

rob77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/11/11
Hi guys

Sorry to start a new thread on this but couldn't find any info when I searched. I've seen this bezel on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEZEL-INSERT-FITS-OMEGA-PLANET-OCEAN-BLACK-45-50MM-PART-/310304865540?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_WatchAccessories_SpareParts_SM&hash=item483f9c7d04#ht_4130wt_1396 and I just wondered what the quality would be like compared the one that comes on the rep?

The pearl is more centred on this aftermarket bezel which is what I want. Would this be a straight swap or is it going to be hard work changing it over?

Cheers

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well the truth is that there are many threads with that one, but this is the one i received

IMAG0057.jpg

but generally its a hit and miss, many have complained that have received some misaligned etc... Give me a few minutes to find the other threads.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I bought one for my 42mm PO and it's really no better or worse than the rep. Unless you have a particularly off centered pearl, it won't be much of an improvement.

It's an easy swap. They're just glued in place.

rob77

25/11/11
Thanks guys.

The one you have pictured paparas looks nicely centred :)

So I could just do a straight swap could I with the bezel? No having to file stuff down and that?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08

rob77

25/11/11
Thanks paparas that looks really good :)

Had a look through your links (which I had stupidly missed somehow) and I'm still a bit confused. On your UPO did you get a bezel off of ebay making sure you received a centred pearl and then install a gen pearl? Would it be something I could do myself or would it be better to send off to someone more in the know? Reading them threads I hear people taking of needing glue etc. I'm not bothered about a gen pearl really I would just like to have a centred one.

Thanks again

I bought one for my 42mm PO and it's really no better or worse than the rep. Unless you have a particularly off centered pearl, it won't be much of an improvement.

It's an easy swap. They're just glued in place.

Thanks KBH so would I need a hair dryer to soften the glue and take the bezel off?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well when i ordered mine i send them a pic letting them know that i wanted that exact one with the centered pearl. The dealrer was WHOLESALEOUTLET990 at ebay. But generally its a hit and miss to get one good, some members did get a noce one some other didnt.
About the instalation, mine was done by Uwe (finedd) and cause it was a little bit tricky to sand down the pearl area. If you dont want to fit it straight its easy enough, you just glue it. You can use a hair dryer to heat the glue and pull the previous insert out. Note that you have to remove first the movement as you dont want to heat that. Also to the Upo (45.5mm) the pearl isnt part of the insert but the bezel. So you will need to remove that also scraping it, nothing major but i just have to mention it.

rob77

25/11/11
Thanks paparas I'll look in to it. I was hoping it was something I could do myself but if its going to be a big hassle I'll think about doing sometime in the future