• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO 45.5mm Chrono

TimeFlys

17/2/12
I tried to search but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I am curious as to if the gen parts fit the 45.5 chrono PO. I haven't seen any franken chronos so I figured I'd ask. I'm considering gen tube, crown, bezel, and a relume. I was considering the bezel insert off of ebay but I have heard they are luck of the draw as with the rep bezel insert. To my knowledge they don't sell just the GEN insert, only the bezel. Any help would be appreciated!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I don't think these are 1:1....in that they can take gen parts etc...don't quote me on it but I've never seen anyone do a franken PO chrono either. That is not to say that some parts might fit with some serious modification (crown/tube) and definitely a relume is possible. as for gen bezel insert I think these reps are slightly bigger than the gen? So it might need substantial messing about to get it to fit....and then it still might not :) I wonder is there any one that tried it!?

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
I thought someone once had the same idea posted here, but later abandoned it?

TimeFlys

17/2/12
Thanks for the help guys! I may try some GEN pieces and see where I wind up.

VAP1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/12
Thanks for the help guys! I may try some GEN pieces and see where I wind up.

TimeFlys, any progress on this? I am also looking into starting on a PO Chrono. Just want to know if it is possible to do a dial swap?

TimeFlys

17/2/12
TimeFlys, any progress on this? I am also looking into starting on a PO Chrono. Just want to know if it is possible to do a dial swap?

Haven't started anything yet. Can't seem to find the gen dial anywhere on Ofrei or others. Seems the ref number of the chrono is 2218.50 (the one I have). That is nowhere on ofrei's site. I'm not sure if the dial fits because of sub-dial spacing. Would love to give this a shot, but it seems the dial is hard to come by.

VAP1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/12
Haven't started anything yet. Can't seem to find the gen dial anywhere on Ofrei or others. Seems the ref number of the chrono is 2218.50 (the one I have). That is nowhere on ofrei's site. I'm not sure if the dial fits because of sub-dial spacing. Would love to give this a shot, but it seems the dial is hard to come by.

Just sent you a PM