• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO 42mm

onlytheone

8/4/10
I have been reading that this summer the Ulitmate PO 42mm will be out. Is this true or wishful thinking.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I've been seeing that same thread over on RWGjr for a couple of months now. So far it's totally unconfirmed.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Have heard rumors only. Supposedly on the way but don't hold your breath!

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
I take it more as an enthusiastic marketing ploy by the dealers to get you more satiated at their watches, and to keep you on your toes all summer long. Never trust anything you read on the internet. (Including this post)

tonio_fr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/08
I have been reading that this summer the Ulitmate PO 42mm will be out. Is this true or wishful thinking.

Do not see any interest in that. The 42 PO 4th generation takes all gen parts so why are they reinventing the weel ? And if they may improve little things like the logo, for sure they will add other flaws as usual...

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Probably just old factory remaking the same old watch again and trying to overhype it. You supposedly can order it from Silix right now. But we can also wait til the end of June to see if this thing pans out. Too many people on here are pessimistic about it. I can still wait since I still have a brand new 4th generation sitting near my PC right now. I just need to adjust it so I can wear it. I'll buy the gen some day whenever I get around to it. It isn't like I can't afford it. Just the rep is a hell of a lot cheaper.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Probably just old factory remaking the same old watch again and trying to overhype it. You supposedly can order it from Silix right now. But we can also wait til the end of June to see if this thing pans out. Too many people on here are pessimistic about it. I can still wait since I still have a brand new 4th generation sitting near my PC right now. I just need to adjust it so I can wear it. I'll buy the gen some day whenever I get around to it. It isn't like I can't afford it. Just the rep is a hell of a lot cheaper.

Lucky you. :q5:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Too many people on here are pessimistic about it.

I sure hope I didn't leave you with that impression. I would love to see this watch make a comeback.

Q5 and myself want the names of these pessimistic 42MM haters.

tomhorn

11/8/08
Do not see any interest in that. The 42 PO 4th generation takes all gen parts so why are they reinventing the weel ? And if they may improve little things like the logo, for sure they will add other flaws as usual...
True, but you can't actually get a 4th Gen any more unless you find one used.

I'd be fine if they just re-issued the 4th Gen, as I would probably mod it anyway, but if they came out with a 42 that was as good as the UPO, I'm sure it would sell.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
I sure hope I didn't leave you with that impression. I would love to see this watch make a comeback.

Q5 and myself want the names of these pessimistic 42MM haters.

Nah it wasn't you but there's a lot of pessimism on these forums about this watch. But it tends to happen on any forum or chat program I go on. People always need to complain. And I can't say that I haven't fallen into that trap as well for other watches (primarily the black sub, proplof, and daytona) but it is because all the negative stuff bleeds off onto other people such as myself.

Sure I'm hoping this 42mm has vastly reduced flaws, but I am not doubting that something will pan out at the end of June. And if nothing else, could always check to see Silix's offering as it has a fair price and he claims his watch is slightly better than the 4th generation. Just we have not seen anyone on these forums purchase it and post photos. I do know that Silix is capable of sourcing variants of 42mm POs that you never see photos of on these forums. He sent me one once that had similar features to the 4th gen but it had a lot of flaws. At least now he takes a photo of what he is sending before he ships it out.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Nah it wasn't you but there's a lot of pessimism on these forums about this watch. But it tends to happen on any forum or chat program I go on. People always need to complain. And I can't say that I haven't fallen into that trap as well for other watches (primarily the black sub, proplof, and daytona) but it is because all the negative stuff bleeds off onto other people such as myself.

Sure I'm hoping this 42mm has vastly reduced flaws, but I am not doubting that something will pan out at the end of June. And if nothing else, could always check to see Silix's offering as it has a fair price and he claims his watch is slightly better than the 4th generation. Just we have not seen anyone on these forums purchase it and post photos. I do know that Silix is capable of sourcing variants of 42mm POs that you never see photos of on these forums. He sent me one once that had similar features to the 4th gen but it had a lot of flaws. At least now he takes a photo of what he is sending before he ships it out.

Do you still have that picture he sent?
It would be cool to see it.

Cheers
:q5:

relayman

12/9/09
Hell, I would buy a black dial with orange numbers practically sight unseen.

:jerry:

tonio_fr

6/11/08
True, but you can't actually get a 4th Gen any more unless you find one used.

I'd be fine if they just re-issued the 4th Gen, as I would probably mod it anyway, but if they came out with a 42 that was as good as the UPO, I'm sure it would sell.

I hope so as I have a 4th Gen with orange number and would like also one with white numbers. But swaping dial is too complicated in the morning ! Re-issuing the 4th Gen case with a beter insert/pearl would be enougth for me. A Beter clasp would be a good thing to on the bracelet for sure...

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
I've been told it's going to be another 2-3 months for this watch to come out but the dealer I spoke with wasn't sure if it is really going to happen. Hopefully but in the mean time I'll size up my 4th gen and wear that.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
but in the mean time I'll size up my 4th gen and wear that.

amp..... didn't you mean to type, "but in the mean time I'll size up my 4th gen and drive it over to Q5?"

:biglaugh:

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
amp..... didn't you mean to type, "but in the mean time I'll size up my 4th gen and drive it over to Q5?"

:biglaugh:

:) it wouldn't be fair though at this point I'd probably want cartel prices for mine lol. I'm waiting on my new order of pins to push... I probably ordered the wrong size again but I know a 0.8mm will work so...will see what happens. I have til the end of the month for free shipping on the tool anyway so I should be set. The watch is still sitting right next to my SOSF with one pin pushed up to the midlink and I wiped it down. I'll go over the links I change pins in with my capecod and it'll look untouched afterward.