• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO 42mm ordered

ryanb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/4/10
UPO 42mm ordered "QC pics added"

Hello guys,

I just pulled the trigger on PO 42mm from Trevor will post pics as soon as i get it.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Congrats, great looking and wearing watch!

ryanb

27/4/10
Thanks guys,
if i decided to franken it later on, do you think i should change the movement i ordered the asian 48 something movement.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
They come with an Asian DG4813 movement. No need to change unless you are also changing the dial and hand set. The gen is made to fit an ETA movement, as are the hands.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
They come with an Asian DG4813 movement. No need to change unless you are also changing the dial and hand set. The gen is made to fit an ETA movement, as are the hands.

In other words the DG4813 isn't the best franken candidate. ;)

ryanb

27/4/10
but the eta can fit in the case when i decided to mod it correct?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
but the eta can fit in the case when i decided to mod it correct?

It shouldn't be a problem with an ETA retaining ring, although I've never personally done it. If you're planning on Frankening you should buy the Eta or clone movement since you'll need one anyway.

thran

9/7/12
It shouldn't be a problem with an ETA retaining ring, although I've never personally done it. If you're planning on Frankening you should buy the Eta or clone movement since you'll need one anyway.

+1 to that statement

ryanb

27/4/10
how much the movement cost for an asian eta?

i am asking trevor if i can update it.

I received the QC pics here they are and i am still waiting for reply from Trevor about updating my order

DSC_1355.png

DSC_1354.png

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Do what now? You want to downgrade to an Asian ETA model? If so, realize, Trevor will have to eat this watch? (sell it to someone else, probably not a big deal but still)

I suggest you take this one and flip it if you don't want it. But that is just me.

Unless I misunderstood what you were asking.

ryanb

27/4/10
no, we agreed me and trevor to send me an eta instead and i paid him the difference. Those were QC of the watch he was going to send before i upgraded to the ETA

gurulikedrucker

17/4/12
Do what now? You want to downgrade to an Asian ETA model? If so, realize, Trevor will have to eat this watch? (sell it to someone else, probably not a big deal but still)

I suggest you take this one and flip it if you don't want it. But that is just me.

+1 Take the watch. Don't screw Trevor by making him hold stock that he doesn't have a buyer for (yet). Just take the watch and flip it if you decide you need something different later. You'll have no problem finding a ConUS buyer to take it off your hands.

ryanb

27/4/10
i already paid him, i didn't knew that they keep the watch and need to find a buyer for it.

thran

9/7/12
i had no idea thats the case for TD, what happens if you reject the qc of a watch? doesnt the TD send it back? or does he eat the cost of that watch?

ryanb

27/4/10
i had no idea thats the case for TD, what happens if you reject the qc of a watch? doesnt the TD send it back? or does he eat the cost of that watch?

that's true, he asked me if i am ok with QC before sending it. So if someone didn't like what he buying he can tell them to get him another one.

I am sure the seller gives the dealer 3 day window return with receipt :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Smaller dealers are stuck with the watch. Unless the watch is broken or a serious defect, then the factory would likely repair it. It's rare that they just replace it. So it's watches in the dealers bank, not cash. So he has to front up the extra dough to get you what you want. True story.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thran

9/7/12
Smaller dealers are stuck with the watch. Unless the watch is broken or a serious defect, then the factory would likely repair it. It's rare that they just replace it. So it's watches in the dealers bank, not cash. So he has to front up the extra dough to get you what you want. True story.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

learn something new every day

AGR64

21/7/12
Looking at the QC photos does the 42mm PO come with both rubber and as straps then?