• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Unknown merchant...

ChesapeakeLax

Do not accept unsolicited offers
29/10/22
Does anyone have any experience with this vendor... swissreplicashop.com...?

ChesapeakeLax

Do not accept unsolicited offers
29/10/22
Use your head man
I'm new, in the correct forum, and asked an honest question. My 'head' says don't enter into monetary agreements w/ unknown entities...that would include anyone listed on the web as a 'trusted dealer'.
There site is suspicious when considering product description and lack of photos vs price. Factor in several other possible red flags and I felt compelled to inquire here.
Any chance you can expand on your response, or should I simply take it at face value...?
I'm a fan of older watch styles and their site is flooded w/ examples...

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I'm new, in the correct forum, and asked an honest question. My 'head' says don't enter into monetary agreements w/ unknown entities...that would include anyone listed on the web as a 'trusted dealer'.
There site is suspicious when considering product description and lack of photos vs price. Factor in several other possible red flags and I felt compelled to inquire here.
Any chance you can expand on your response, or should I simply take it at face value...?
I'm a fan of older watch styles and their site is flooded w/ examples...
Only buy through the Trusted Dealers (TDs) which are listed in the TD section of this forum:

These are sellers who are based in China who have a very long history of working with international buyers and who offer a delivery guarantee. This means that if your watch gets seized by customs in your country, the TD will ship you a replacement for free. Also, the TDs here will never scam you. If a TD scams somebody, they will lose their TD status (which would be devastating for their business).

Things to NEVER do:
  • Buy from Instagram sellers
  • Buy from WeChat sellers
  • Google the name of a TD (always look up the URL in the forum link since there a many copycat scam sites).
  • Ask "who makes the best sub?" on this forum
(that last one was a little bonus unrelated to your previous question, but I included it just for good measure).

Good hunting, and enjoy your rep-journey.

RepPossessed

100 watches in the uk 🤌🏼
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland

You said it yourself their site looks suspicious so you answered your own question.

Just upon looking at the site at first glance it looks like garbage, with a bunch of photos pulled from somewhere else and very obvious lies in the description. I cant fathom why it would even be considered for a purchase or even worth questioning.

Last edited: