• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ulysse Nardin MMD Chrono. Rubber vs Nato *opinions wanted*

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
Hi all,

I was thinking that my UN wore a little big on my small wrists, so I decided to try it on a Nato strap I had too se if it wore a little smaller.

It does loose some of the features that initially caought my eye with this watch.

First out on rubber:
Bild003.jpg

On the Nato:
Bild001-1.jpg

The nato strap is begging to grow on me, I like it and its wears a bit smaller. But the rubber with the UN inserts is stunning, even though its wears a bit big on my small wrist.

What do you think? Please share your opinions!

Cheers
Mike

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
Francisco said:
No doubt... rubber UN !

Thanks Francisco, after all that was one of the key features I liked about this watch,
the rubber with the inserts make it stand out a little.

// Mike

b16a2

13/1/07
That's a tough one, it looks really good on the rubber, but I think the NATO gives ita really rugged look.

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
b16a2 said:
That's a tough one, it looks really good on the rubber, but I think the NATO gives ita really rugged look.

Haha, f*ck, I have to agree with you too. It transforms the watcha little, makes it more subtile.

But hey, I always have the choice to swap them when ever I feel like it.

But I hate beeing undecisive (Spell check on that word, hope you know what I mean)

THank for sharing b16a2

// Mike

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Not that the Nato is a bad idea but... the special rubber strap (with Ti inserts) makes half the watch. If you remove it, you make the U.N. look like a sub :mrgreen:
IMO it looks perfect on your wrist with the rubber.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I don't think the Nato makes it look any smaller on your wrist. They both look about the same to me although the rubber looks better.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Get the SS strap if you can. Otherwise it's rubber. NATO doesn't do it for me. :D

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
Thanks guys for your opinions! Appreciate it (Spell check on this to :D )

Seems like the general consensus is rubber!

Cheers
Mike