• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ULTIMATE SMP Build underway

auslander

18/2/11
This may not the be the moment you all have been waiting for but I've been piecing and planning this project for sometime and I've got all the parts I need to build my custom Seamaster Pro. Yesterday I received from Ofrei my PO AR Crystal, SMP Non AC Dial and the 39mm Railmaster hands with a PO second had with red tip. I'll post pics of the hands tonight. Sorry about the fuzzy pics. I'll take some nice ones with my Nikon later. The AR on the Non AC Dial is amazing.

I already have a gen 1120 cal movement, 42mm PO bezel, gen crown and stem. I'm going to try and use a rep case but if the fit is off for whatever reason I'll use a gen case. I'll keep you all posted to the progress but I think Its going to be a sexy timepiece when its finished!! I'll also post some video goodness :)

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

Aus

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Nice if you end up selling the new non-ac dial for any reason, let me know, I would love to put it in a gen 2254. Cheers.

auslander

18/2/11

auslander

18/2/11
Here are some more detailed pics of how the finished product is going to look:

5813728526_3386a74a4c_z.jpg

5813165201_b737b142af_b.jpg

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Lookin' good so far, looking forward to watching progress on this project.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
lol at first glance I thought your photo was of an Omega wall clock (blonde moment :))

Looks awesome.

auslander

18/2/11
Thanks guys! I'm really excited, I'm trying not to rush but I'm too anxious to have it on my wrist now that everything is on the same table!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thats looks at least interesting,a total different look with the PO bezel...I think you will have a very nice watch at the end...Keep the pics coming!!!

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
Nice if you end up selling the new non-ac dial for any reason, let me know, I would love to put it in a gen 2254. Cheers.

I just picked up a Gen 2254 off TZ last week. Showed up a couple days ago. I looooove this watch. I still prefer the clean look of the plain black dial on the 2254 though.

I looked at an AC and a couple non AC seamasters and they were beautiful pieces. This build should be a great one.

auslander

18/2/11
Yea, its slow moving at the moment. I'm working with a master watchmaker to make sure I'm doing everything right. Right now the 1120 cal movement is being oiled and reassembled. I've been working on another omega restore and have put this on the back burner for the short while.

I just picked up a Gen 2254 off TZ last week. Showed up a couple days ago. I looooove this watch. I still prefer the clean look of the plain black dial on the 2254 though.

I looked at an AC and a couple non AC seamasters and they were beautiful pieces. This build should be a great one.

Congrats on the Seamaster Pro! It is a great watch and it wears extremely well. I'm glad youre happy with it. Its nice to have a gen or two in the collection ;) Too bad mine is in pieces at the moment but it soon will emerge from the cocoon watch bench a butterfly!