• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ultimate PO crown will not screw down, any help?

bamrock

Horology Curious
2/10/08
I don't know why but since the beginning this watch has had issues with the crown not screwing down properly. Sometimes it will just barely "catch" and screw a little bit, other times not at all, other times it seems fine then 3 days later it's open again. I am at the point where I have to wear it daily because I don't want it to die and I have to wind it back up. Anyhow....anyone have a solution or can suggest a repair so I don't have to worry about the crown not screwing down anymore? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Bam

bamrock

Horology Curious
2/10/08
jack_bauer thank you very much for the detailed reply with part numbers and everything. Anyone have any experience swapping these out? I'm sure it's a little more in depth than anything that I have done so does anyone know someone that does repairs on the watches to do stuff like this? I'm afraid to take it to the local "jeweler" in the mall kiosk.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Start with the winder. This is often the culprit. Just use the existing stem and swap the head. But I would have a jeweler do it. Those clone movements are notorious for keyless work faillures when trying to reinsert it.

bamrock

Horology Curious
2/10/08
Yannou and fakemaster thank you for the replys! I'm going to look into these and I'll post back any questions/comments that I come across. I really love this watch but it's seemed to give me a lot of issues. I had a bracelet issue (which I think was my fault I had it a TAD too snug but it was a costly and timely mistake to fix) and the power reserve of this watch is horrendous. I have a watch winder and after wearing this watch for a week (I'd imagine that's fully wound by then) it will die by the time a day goes by on the winder. This is a supposedly swiss movement but I can't imagine that's correct. Idk....just seems like lots of issues.