• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ultimate PO Bracelet--what are the issues?

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
I hear a lot about issues with the new ultimate PO bracelet. So far can only find one comment on it being flimsy
and the review by By-Tor where he says it is better than 4th gen PO.

So why do I hear bad things? Tough to size? weak? clasp breaks? I am curious as to problems and if a replacement exists (besides gen)

Thanks,

CISO

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
the pins are a bitch to get out....very tight....they bent and break easy. my experience. other then that....very nice band !!

horologie_unitas

3/12/06
i use the same tools....but thanks for your effort to describe it for me in every detail, i appreciate it.
i also will soak iy next time in WD40...i realized if it is dry...there is a way higher friction, which doesnt make things easier.
thanks again, i am sure a lot of other members will find that helpful also !!

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
The links suck monkey balls. My bracelet broke instantly. Literally, I went to change a pin and when I popped open the buckle thing it instantly broke in my hands. I didn't like it either, too heavy, hence the rubber strap.

Either way, the watch is good, the metal band thing...complete crap.

crick

1/8/06
i have a link pin tool that screws down and pushes the pins out?

would the ultimate PO give that tool problems?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I only can agree to this statement. My clasp opened by itself, but it was easy to fix...

horologie_unitas said:
the pins are a bitch to get out....very tight....they bent and break easy. my experience. other then that....very nice band !!

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
The pin in the endlink of my new PO was broken in three pieces when I opened the package.... i may have torqued the watch a little getting the tape off... but nothing excessive... had it for over a month and it hasn't been worn yet...

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
wow....you guys experience that many problems

Beside the pin is a bit harder to take out......Mine have no problem. The bracelet actually feel very nice, solid built, good weight and smooth on the edge. I like it a lot 8)

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
I go my watch today and must say I agree. I like the bracelet and if anything, the divers clasp and clasp seem impossible to pop loose on mine! Maybe they are catching issues in later prduction?

More to come as I get a chance to look her over ! :p 8) :lol:

w2ge

4/12/06
mine's a 4th gen. PO and I love the watch... my bracelet pins were also tight but I used my pin removal tool (the cheapo blue plastic one) and it was tight but it did come out. I LOVE the weight of the watch with the SS bracelet. Feels real substantial, makes my ROLEX's feel flimsy. Only my PANNY Slytech comes close to the weight. BTW, PO with SS weighs 208 gms!! Almost 1/2 lb!

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
I got mine from Brand 9 but Trevor has them as well. These are the two cheapest dealers for these.

Brand 9 and Trevor have both always given me incredible customer service. Granted, I have two purchases under my belt with Trevor and one with Brand 9 if this helps?

CISO

DWSmoot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/06
WOW! I am really suprised with al these problems. Got mine from Joshua in December and have no issues. Actually one of the best rep bands I have had. Very nice, smooth, comfortable. SOLID!

One of my favs....

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i have the eta 42.5 and the 45 from ruby and the clasps and bracelet's rock. i sized both of them myself with narikka's tool kit and had no trouble.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
hk45ca said:
i have the eta 42.5 and the 45 from ruby and the clasps and bracelet's rock. i sized both of them myself with narikka's tool kit and had no trouble.

your wifes hand is much prettier than yours, lmao

yeah they r not bad for sizing , my only thing is they r all over the board in tightness, i have bought probably and seen maybe a dozen from various dealers and it seems that some have tighter links than others especailly the links that connec to the clasp , some fold under while wearing and some dont, the ones that dont r how genuine does , not a big deal but it does buy me a big

i really wish someone would make a damn 22 mm strap rubber replica for these and also the rubber with deployment for these, i would love one , and the genuine r hard to get at less than 200 bucks , there is a demand for them imo

joe

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
rbj69 said:
hk45ca said:

your wifes hand is much prettier than yours, lmao

yeah they r not bad for sizing , my only thing is they r all over the board in tightness, i have bought probably and seen maybe a dozen from various dealers and it seems that some have tighter links than others especailly the links that connec to the clasp , some fold under while wearing and some dont, the ones that dont r how genuine does , not a big deal but it does buy me a big

i really wish someone would make a damn 22 mm strap rubber replica for these and also the rubber with deployment for these, i would love one , and the genuine r hard to get at less than 200 bucks , there is a demand for them imo

joe

i know this will be hard to beleive but she is much prettier than me. lol 8)

w2ge

4/12/06
Hey!! Didn't I see her on VoyeurWeb? :shock:

Just Kiddin!!!