• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ultimate Planet Ocean.!?!?!

Bobcat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/12
Evening all,

Just a quick one... I recently purchased a silix special planet ocean off another forum member and in all honesty, I'm really pleased with it. Sure there are a whole list of things that give it away as a rep but overall I think it's a cracking little timepiece! If you're not overly bothered about having a watch that is really close to a gen it's a tidy watch which (famous last words.....) keeps good time. The only issue I do have, which is slowly nagging in the back of my mind,is the physical size of it.... It's by no stretch big enough for my liking. I've not got the smallest of wrists and usually wear watches that are a bit on the "chunkier" side. Albeit this is my first and only replica, the other watches I wear on a regular basis are a fair bit larger (suunto vector, casio protrek prg40, invicta grand diver). The suunto and the casio are mainly used for work with the invicta being a "posh" watch, I was hoping that the PO would replace the invicta as a dress watch but I've actually ended up wearing it almost daily as it didn't cost a great deal and doesn't look to "special occasion" not to be worn every day.

But still...... It's not very big! As a result I've read a number of reviews on the ultimate planet ocean which looks a lot bigger in pictures and seems to have got mostly positive reviews, and made the decision to purchase one from the trusted dealer list on this website (or another member if anyone's gone for sale!!) what my main question is, being a newbie and all, are all the trusted dealers selling the UPO from the same factories or are some "better" than others? In appreciate they are all trusted dealers for a reason, but which offers the cost "bang for your buck"? If they are all on par with each other, I will just pick one and place an order,if some have better QC or customer service or just better reps I'd appreciate any input from members who have experience in dealing with them....

Many thanks in advance, fingers crossed I don't waste all of my wages on new wrist candy over the next few months!!!!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
The wise men here say, choose the dealer first and then the watch... To be honest i am with them.

Most of the dealers will deliver the same watch, so choose the one you like better. Price and communication would be my criteria.

By the way since i have a small wrist too (6.6") and i do like the ultimate planet ocean here is some pic for reference.

DSC03017.jpg

DSC02985.jpg

DSC03011.jpg

And a wide on ss bracelet.

DSC02513.jpg

Good luck with your incoming purchase!

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Can't go wrong with the planet ocean. Beautiful watch, I'm thinking about buying the new 8500 my self as I cant seem to stop looking at it on the internet. Maybe I'll just keep my money and buy the rep lol.

thran

9/7/12
Can't go wrong with the planet ocean. Beautiful watch, I'm thinking about buying the new 8500 my self as I cant seem to stop looking at it on the internet. Maybe I'll just keep my money and buy the rep lol.

i am waiting for a rep version of it... but i might just buy the gen because i cant wait forever haha

Bobcat

31/1/12
Sound advice about choosing the dealer first, I'll have a gander tonight and see which ones have received the highest praise from forum members. Thanks for the pics Mr Pap, it's a very tidy time piece you've got there! My wrists are bigger than yours so hopefully it won't look too "small" for my taste unlike my current one does, looking at the ss strap on yours it looks very substantial! I like the black bezel aswell, the one I purchased has the pumpkin bezel, I don't not like the orange.... But I'm not in love with it either, black is definitely a lot smarter in my opinion. Just out of curiosity where did you purchase it from?

Cheers

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Sound advice about choosing the dealer first, I'll have a gander tonight and see which ones have received the highest praise from forum members. Thanks for the pics Mr Pap, it's a very tidy time piece you've got there! My wrists are bigger than yours so hopefully it won't look too "small" for my taste unlike my current one does, looking at the ss strap on yours it looks very substantial! I like the black bezel aswell, the one I purchased has the pumpkin bezel, I don't not like the orange.... But I'm not in love with it either, black is definitely a lot smarter in my opinion. Just out of curiosity where did you purchase it from?

Cheers

Yeap the orange is an eyecatcher for sure, but hard to combine with...
The watch initialy came from marvelousreplica.

Bobcat

31/1/12
As I said earlier, the silix special is a fairly decent watch for the money. I can't grumble at all, although not perfect in relation to a gen, if you take it for what it is, a bargaining my opinion! As it cost me buttons aswell, I'm not too precious about wearing it for most tasks I wouldn't wear a "Sunday best" watch for usually..... But yes, the pumpkin definitely stands out, it's certainly subtle!!! But still, each to their own!!

Mds2004

24/5/12
I chose the UPO because I only like 44mm+ watches.

Here is the UPO on my not so small wrist.
J0Npx.jpg

Bobcat

31/1/12
I chose the UPO because I only like 44mm+ watches.

Here is the UPO on my not so small wrist.
J0Npx.jpg

Very nice. Did you purchase from a trusted dealer or from another forum member....?

kmac

2/2/09
I would hit up Trevor. He will spend a lot of time finding the right one and send you good qc pics you want.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Do you folks REALLY think that the dealers actually go comparison shopping to find the "perfect" watch for you...???
If you do, email me since I've got some really nice waterfront real estate in Florida you might be interested in!!!

spagooter

26/7/12
Do you folks REALLY think that the dealers actually go comparison shopping to find the "perfect" watch for you...???
If you do, email me since I've got some really nice waterfront real estate in Florida you might be interested in!!!

I'm partial to this statement. Unless you exchange frequent PM's or posts between a dealer through a forum such as this, I am inclined to doubt that exceptional, hand-picked service will be a factor within the transaction. No offense to any dealers here - that's how the industry works for nearly any product on any market.

I would only assume that a 'problem' order would concern special treatment.