• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[SOLD] [UK] Rolex GMT 6542 - The OG Pepsi

JimbobFender

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
19/4/15
Central London - UK
Willing to Ship to?
UK and EU
High Value Above $750
No
Accepted Payment Methods?
PayPal and Bank Transfer
Movement Details?
2836-2
Piece Origin?
SuperMirrors
Warranty Provided?
No
Item Condition?
Used
Why Are You Selling?
Heartbreak lol
Asking Price?
£200
Currency Accepted?
any
Shipping Costs?
£5 Next day UK
Are You Posting Handwritten Tags w/Forum ID and Today's Date?
Yes
Did You Read and Agree to RWI's Sales Rules?
Yes
Will You Post a Feedback In The Relevant Section of RWI?
Yes
Will you tell the buyer to not write about reps or watches in the PayPal comment field or in any other place associated with the payment option?
Yes
Transaction Release

I, as buyer or seller of any products or services on replica-watch.info (hereinafter referred to as “RWI”), fully understand that RWI does not warranty, guarantee, insure and/or have any responsibility whatsoever for any transaction, product, or service sold by, through, or as a result of any contacts or communications originating from the RWI website including, but not limited to, the sale/purchase identified herein. By proceeding with this listing, I fully release, discharge and forever hold harmless RWI, its owners, agents, administrators, employees and staff, and I release them from any and all responsibility and liability for any and all claims, costs, expenses, actions, demands, or damages related to the buying or selling of products and/or services offered in this listing.  By entering into and continuing with this transaction, I acknowledge that I am proceeding with this sale voluntarily and at my own risk, and that I have read the foregoing and fully understand the nature, extent, effect and consequences of its contents.

I bought this late last year as one of the most impulsive watch purchases I've made to date...I think I just had £300 burning a hole in my pocket and saw something interesting in stock with Sead.
I'd always liked the idea of a vintage GMT and having a little collection of YoDog Daytonas that I've tastefully aged I really wanted to try my hand at aging a GMT. Frustratingly I was so abrupt with the purchase of this I never even documented which factory it came from but it was a new stock from Sead and from my searches of TD's this evening I believe its a B12 watch? I don't know much about that factory but I'm impressed with the build of this thing.
The sad thing is that following my aging of this watch straight from purchase It's probably only been worn 2-3 times, mainly because it was a watch that my now-ex girlfriend always wanted me to wear and donning it doesn't really bring the memories I want back lol

Now for the aging. I started off by removing the hands and coating them in some model making rust. This isn't just paint but goes onto the surface and creates the texture of rust. I think this came out pretty nice myself. Secondly I removed the dial and applied 3-4 coats of hairspray which gives a nice matte mottled effect that you see on a lot of vintage flat dials. I then baked it in the oven so the lume bloomed and went from the green to a nice orange and then applied another layer of hairspray. I've done this to a few watches and IMO they all look very tastefully aged as a 60 year old watch should.
It comes on a nice leather strap as well as the included riveted bracelet that originally came on the watch. I haven't touched that and its still got all it links

Reactions: JaffaCakes

JaffaCakes

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
28/2/21
UK
This is a members only part of the forum, you must log in or register to view this reply.

Adam123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/17
This is a members only part of the forum, you must log in or register to view this reply.