• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Two purchases in one day... I must be going nuts!!

2LTL2L8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/07
Well this evening I decided that I'd spend a little bit of the money i've been hording. I've been a member of this forum for over a year now and have loved every minute of it. Although I don't have a collection as deep as some, I've been trying to stick with quality reps. I currently have a highly modded swiss PAM 111 PVD that i purchased from another board member, and a swiss SOSF.

Today I decided i wanted to diversify. My roommate has a gen quartz SMP, and I just love the build quality of that watch. So I decided that today I would venture over to Omegas. I purchased a blue SMP Chrono from Puretime, and I jumped on D4M's UPO groupbuy. I can't wait to get these beauties in my hands.

I've heard that the Omegas can be a bit tricky to resize, and besides some tiny screwdrivers I don't have any tools to do the sizing. Can anyone give me any hints on an easy way to size these bands. I sized my SOSF easily with no problem, but I just wanna know what I might be getting myself into with these omegas.

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
On htis day you have stepped into the deepest caca. Congrats! :D

jack_bauer

Renowned Member
12/9/08
Congrats on the purchases! And now the waiting game begins.... read this over while you're waiting for them to arrive: http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22481 I bought the bracelet resize tool on ebay for $6 shipped. I poked it through as far as the tool would go, I cut a paper clip about the size of the tool's top and put it inside the hole and punched it through again. I used smooth jaw pliers and yanked out the pin. Watch out for the cylinder in the midlink!

Putting the pin can be a pain. Put the pin in and gently tap it with a small hammer. Let the hammer's weight knock the pin in, do not pound hard or you will bend or break the pin!keep tapping and if it doesn't go in, jiggle the links so the holes align. Get the pin in as far as the hammer will get it then use the resize tool to push the last millimeter or so in.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
the lazy option would be to use the Watch Doctor @ the mall to do the resizing

Hope you enjoy your Omeeeeegas! :D

2LTL2L8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/07
Thanks for all your comments guys!! and especially to jack_bauer for the sizing tips.... It seems like the addiction just keeps getting stronger, I just spent the past 20 minutes looking at watch winders :mrgreen: I think I'll hold off on that one until I at least get my watches.... But I'm gonna have to purchase a pin pusher tonight or tomorrow.... is there any model that is particularly more popular than the rest?? Amazon.com has like 5 different models all under $10

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I have done this several times but as Importr said, use the watch smith in your Mall.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
What a light-weight! I purchased 11 watches in my first 2 weeks on the Forum. CURSE YOU RWI!!!!!!!!
Great forum and I've "met" some really great people willing to share their hobby/obsession and knowledge.

fromo1946

23/10/06
As comedian Paul Linde once said "It's a rat race out there, and the rats are winning". You'll never have enough reps; it's always just one more...then before you know it, there's a new one you've got to have. Hey, it could be worse, selling your body for crack, oh yeah, never mind.
fromo1946

jack_bauer

Renowned Member
12/9/08
I was a little vague with my resizing description. I've done two UPOs so far so I have a little bit of experience. Feel free to message me if you need further help or some pictures.

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
I resized my UPO with a piece of high tensile steel the diameter of the pin and a hammer. I hate to admit it, but I even used a mechanic's ballpein hammer from my days wrenching old sports cars--nothing delicate at all. The pin came out without problem. It equally went back in without problem--still using the 'delicate' ballpein. Sounds like I got lucky.