• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TugAris 17j

ArleighBurke

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/11/06
Anyone ever heard of this movement? Came in a River 42 PO Was supposed to be ETA. Had the watch near a year when it would quit when put down. That is when I opened it up. $250 down the tubes. What can you do 11mon after you get it.

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Have someone look at it. Maybe a rep-friendly watchsmith? Don't waste $250,have it fixed and maybe it'll cost you $20 or so?? Where are you located?

ArleighBurke

Banned
10/11/06
Boston Ma. I have an ETA movement ready to go in but not enough exp to be comft doing it myself.

ArleighBurke

Banned
10/11/06
Boston Ma. I have an ETA movement ready to go in but not enough exp to be comft doing it myself.

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
If you can't find anyone here to do it or around your house,send it to MJ Watch Service. Call first and ask for Alex.

http://www.mjwatchservice.com

He has serviced several of my reps. Ask SeanK too. I sent him there and he serviced Sean's PO. :D

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Absolutely the best. If you love it he'll service it. He'll also be pretty frank with you too. He'll tell you this watch is a POS or this is really close to the original. Don't hesitate to send your watch there they are top notch.

Sean K

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
Wow that is great to hear, I've been looking for a Chicagoland rep friendly watchsmith. Did either of you get a 7750 repaired or serviced with him? Expensive?

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
No. He did however repair the movement on my PAM192. He completely serviced the movement and repaired the chrono problem for $50. I dropped it off on a Friday afternoon and picked it up the following Monday. Very fast work. :D I am taking my 111H in this week,it runs like 5 minutes fast.

HiDef

Getting To Know The Place
16/10/06
SammyJr said:
Anyone ever heard of this movement? Came in a River 42 PO Was supposed to be ETA. Had the watch near a year when it would quit when put down. That is when I opened it up. $250 down the tubes. What can you do 11mon after you get it.

I use to have a Tugaris manual winder when I was growing up. They are very good watches. BTW, how did you end up with a manual wind PO from River?? Did you talk to River about this? Was the movement manual? This is strange.

ArleighBurke

Banned
10/11/06
tug aris

it is an auto. IT says TugAris 17J on the rotor

ArleighBurke

Banned
10/11/06
tur aris

I was dumb founded. River was to send me a new one then it got grabbed at customs. I was to send this back when the other arrived. They would not send another. I am stuck with this. This was near a yr ago.

ArleighBurke

Banned
10/11/06
TugAris

The real prob Enzo was the watch would stop 15min after taking it off. I removed the caseback and lo and behold there it was TugAris. The prob I had with the movement was that it would not build up any reserve.

HiDef

Getting To Know The Place
16/10/06
Check the balance spring. It might have locked up, tangled.