• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Ranger gen or rep?

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
I met with a Tudor Heritage Ranger on a web sale. But something did not seem right to me. Is the box&papers or the watch I do not know. Is this a gen or rep?

D

d4m.test

The Ranger's a super rep so it'd be impossible to tell from online photos. I'd suggest focusing on the box and papers. Maybe go to a local AD and ask if the box and papers match? Regardless, I wouldn't buy it unless you trust the seller. Could be an authentic box with a fake watch.

tienbang

19/5/15
@acozcan if you can get a hold of close up pictures of the dial that an help you. I had the rep and while it was a very very good rep the texture isn't the same when compared to the gen version

ihs0yz

14/12/15
Malaysia
I’m not 100% on this but I think you can tell if it’s a rep from crown height. There’s a mention about it in the rep vs gen thread of the Ranger. Probably helps to ask for movement pictures as well. Do Tudor 2824 have ETA signed under the balance? I’m not so sure about that also..

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Mate, those pics are shit. I wouldnt even consider buying a watch from somebody who thinks it’s ok to sell a £1-2k watch with THOSE pictures. Lol.

don’t understand why people can’t take proper pictures.

I took my beat up iPhone out of my back pocket, pointed it at my fake tutor, in natural light, and took a picture this clear:
e28cf9891c45fc3adac68762cbaa27d6.jpg

2b60e7104b3fab2ad2c8d7930050d7aa.jpg

If me any my iPhone can take decent pictures, then anyone should be able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
P.s. I think the Tudor rose on the rep is slightly different from gen. you can use my pictures (above) to compare to the “gen” you are looking to buy.

some also say that the section of crown tube (protruding from the case) on the gen is polished (brushed on rep). However, all this could be gen variations as far as we know.

Best thing is to buy a cheap loupe (eBay) and inspect the dial. You can call out any rep in this way. Gen markers will be very crisp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk