• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TUDOR GMT PEPSI FACTORY ZF

Joanjim99

99time
24/10/23
Hello guys, I bought a Tudor gmt Pepsi ZF on GeekTime, it has yet to arrive since I made the payment today and it is my first replica and I was wondering if I can really put it in the water because the technical sheet savs up to 50 meters of water. depth and I don't know if I should trust it What do you think about the watch? Have I made a good purchase? And what do you think about the Movement Asian 2836 automatic movement 28,800 VPH?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Too many questions that can be answered by some research here. But, I'll bite.

I was wondering if I can really put it in the water because the technical sheet savs up to 50 meters of water. depth and I don't know if I should trust it
You should not. You need to take the watch to get professionally water tested for leaks. Normally an easy test and cheap to do. I had a ZF GMT Tudor that I pressure tested and thank God I did, the crystal was not seated correctly so it popped off during the test.
What do you think about the watch? Have I made a good purchase?
ZF is known for being the best Tudor maker. You are the judge when it comes if you made a good purchase or it is a good watch.
And what do you think about the Movement Asian 2836 automatic movement 28,800 VPH?

The Asian 2836 movement is a workhorse movement in the rep and gen industry, preffered for its ease to service and replace it things go wrong. I prefer them personally as they have become so affordable to get brand new that I just swap them instead of getting them serviced. A new movement is $90 while a service can get to the high $200's.

Just so you are aware, Geektime is not a Trusted Dealer here so anything regarding your transaction is on your own.

Joanjim99

99time
24/10/23
Too many questions that can be answered by some research here. But, I'll bite.

You should not. You need to take the watch to get professionally water tested for leaks. Normally an easy test and cheap to do. I had a ZF GMT Tudor that I pressure tested and thank God I did, the crystal was not seated correctly so it popped off during the test.

ZF is known for being the best Tudor maker. You are the judge when it comes if you made a good purchase or it is a good watch.

The Asian 2836 movement is a workhorse movement in the rep and gen industry, preffered for its ease to service and replace it things go wrong. I prefer them personally as they have become so affordable to get brand new that I just swap them instead of getting them serviced. A new movement is $90 while a service can get to the high $200's.

Just so you are aware, Geektime is not a Trusted Dealer here so anything regarding your transaction is on your own.
I want to say thanks for everything, sorry it’s my first rep and I don’t know to how work this forum, thank you!!

Reactions: mclarendude