• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor 9411 build - What some elbow grease can get you!

Megahz1

Vintage lover
6/5/18
EU
Hi everyone,
I am finally done with my latest 9411 build and wanted to share it here as requested by some of the members.
Everything started after finding an ETA 2873 donor watch movement with nice datewheel fonts (serifs & very similar font) on eBay. I immediately bought the watch, but unfortunately it was dead upon arrival. I serviced the movement and it started working flawlessly (almost to COSC standards), so the hunt for all the parts began.

Here are the specs:
- Case: JKF sub donor watch
- Insert: eBay gen spec insert with correct inner diameter
- Crystal: Sternkreuz XS303.462
- Crown & tube: Gen spec tube & 704 crown
- Dial: Bivintage 9411 dial "BEYELER" stamped
- Hands: TigerConcept snowflake hands
- Movement: Swiss ETA 2873 (21600 bph, "slow beat")

The mods done:
- Drilled lug holes to accept gen spec spring bars
- Case completely reworked & refinished
- Case tapped & countersunk to accept gen spec tube
- Etched serial numbers & reference
- Caseback shaved down and etched with correct fonts (not correct for 9411, mix between 7928 & 7021), thicker o-ring installed
- Insert sanded down to recess it correctly

I am still not satisfied with how the hands and dial lume do not match correctly and I might relume the hands in the future. The pip is still the one from JKF, but I will make one myself and swap it.
So enough talking! Here the pictures:

Let me know what do you think and apologies for the unfortunate time setting, but I am too lazy to retake the pictures 😂

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
Finally a case with the "/" in 9411/0 at a more correct angle! Bivintage text spacing now better on the 2 of 200 lining up with the U of submariner, the one I bought a while ago doesn't!

Reactions: Megahz1

Megahz1

Vintage lover
6/5/18
EU
Thanks everyone for the feedback!
@Singapore9 I made the design basing it on gen pictures and not by simply using fonts as the angle of the “/“ also bothered me😂
I find the Bivintage dial pretty good, especially for the price; you can also ask him for different dial feet based on the movement you are using.

Reactions: Singapore9

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
Thanks everyone for the feedback!
@Singapore9 I made the design basing it on gen pictures and not by simply using fonts as the angle of the “/“ also bothered me😂
I find the Bivintage dial pretty good, especially for the price; you can also ask him for different dial feet based on the movement you are using.
I have a black and a blue with dial feet in 27XX flavour but they're not great... but they are cheap!

There seems to be a new seller on ebay now but I think the date window looks a bit off to these eyes: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225972783840

I still like Kua's for the money: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305322528057

Reactions: Megahz1