• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trusty's 108$ Planet Ocean questions

bam rock

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/06
OK so I'll start off with a link to this piece:
http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?mai ... ucts_id=22

Now here's the first few things that I notice. First of all it's 108$ which is definitely in my price range. I'm not ready to drop 300$ on a watch that has revisions every other week. You wanna talk about buyer's remorse? So the price on this is great even if the movement does suffer from the ETA. Secondly this piece is the 45mm model which I think most of them have been the 42. Another benefit. But now I need all you loupe wearing experts to tell me the difference between this watch and say the 3rd or 4th gen PO that's going around now. I'll try to notice a few things if I can but by no means am I as good at this as you all. OK starting off I noticed the bracelet is engraved "PROFESSIONAL" which I think was an issue until the 4th gen started engraving PLANET OCEAN. I would like it to have the proper engravings but at the right size and price I'm willing to overlook that. The main problems that I can remember reading about were different sized hour markers, and the Omega logo touching the Seamaster writing. Can you notice anything like that on this one? Lastly he sells a version with the orange rubber strap. Has anyone been able to source these? When I buy the watch I'm going to ask if I can buy one of these as well because I think they're crazy different and I really like them.

I really appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks in advance!
Bam

bam rock

8/4/06
I actually read through By-Tors guide but it was a while ago. I'm going to read it again as a refresher because it was a great article. The He valve is in the wrong spot? I thought it was supposed to be at 10:00.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
That $108 PO is very accurate and good looking watch. Of course it has its subtle problems but then again so does the 4th gen (and EVERY single replica watch). None of these reps would survive the WIS Omega test anyway. If you post pics of your fake to the TimeZone Omega forum someone will spot it... no matter if it's the 4th generation, 3rd generation or whatever. The rest of the population (including most of the sales people) would not, they're all THAT good.

This watch seems to have rich orange colored bezel and good white date font. Those details alone make it better than the 3rd gen. Those two flaws bothered me so much that I traded mine. Who really gives a rat's ass about the clasp engraving if the rep is this good for $108? Well...maybe some people... but I wouldn't. NOBODY, I mean NOBODY will notice.

I don't know anything about the movement. I have no experience of Asian non-chrono automatics but some people say they're ok. All I know that the genuine PO Co-Axial movement has a beat rate of 25,200 instead of 28.800 in our ETA's... so the "jerkier" sweep in Asian movement shouldn't be that big of a issue.

I say go for it.

bam rock

8/4/06
Thanks By-Tor, as always you're a huge help. I see new versions of this coming out all the time so I'm trying REALLY hard to hold off for a while and complete my order with silix THEN jump onto this watch. By then who knows what will be out. But I think you're right. For the price you will not find many (if any) that can tell the difference.

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
How accurate is an Orange rubber strap? The Omega website does not show them, nor can I find any pics of gens with them--just black rubber, black rubberized(?) leather or orange leather with deployment.

Is this a fantasy strap?

CISO

NAVIGATER

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/10/06
CISO1969 said:
How accurate is an Orange rubber strap? The Omega website does not show them, nor can I find any pics of gens with them--just black rubber, black rubberized(?) leather or orange leather with deployment.

Is this a fantasy strap?

CISO

I also was looking for that because you mentionet it yesterday i think on the dealer review section but i also dint not find anything about it on the net, but came trough some more rep selling pages with it on a orange rubber strap.

Btw you found a realy old posting 8)

Greetings Navi :wink:

robc_uk

25/11/06
It's pretty good. I bought one as my first rep about four months ago.

It's been my daily beater and the local Omega AD was fooled by it on my wrist when I was browsing the Rolex section.

Only criticism I have is the SS strap, it was really grotty and it took three goes in an ultrasonic cleaner to get all the 'gunk' out.

Go for it, after all it's only £55 :D

calbears03

Known Member
12/1/07
how is this watch compared to the $128 ultimate asian copy PO?

im looking at that one, even thou Josh and Andrew wont have it back in stock until mid march. (which sucks!) i need confirmation that the ectra 20 bucks is worth it for the case construction, ect.

thanks guys

calbears03

Known Member
12/1/07
andreww,

you're the reason why i am getting the asian copy ultimate. i also wanted to say thanks for your continuous contribution to our forum. (i love the navi and all your navi stuff was awesome)

but i gotta wait to order it!! its not even like im waiting for it to be shipped. forget it, ill just get the navi first. hahahah

i dont even own a rep yet, and im already feeling like im going down the slippery slope.

andreww said:
Well worth the extra $20, and one of the best values available right now.

Check my review here
http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17601

And more pics here
http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17602

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
i would spend the money and get the ETA. Look around and find it for about $180. My watchsmith looked at this watch and was in shock at the quality. Definitely fo for the Ultimate.

Natron

gray bishop

Horology Curious
8/2/07

I agree on the ETA, without even knowing this thread existed I hit up andrew and I changed my mind at least 2 times before I decided to get the PO I really wanted, the Swiss ETA, Andrew is a great guy, not plugging him because I got mine from him, just saying, I must have emailed him 10 times and he never got annoyed, so I'm definitely buying from him again as soon as my PO gets here

I went into Tourneau here in NYC today and looked at the gen's, asked the 'trying to look busy' lady behind the counter a few questions, and walked out, only thing I noticed from the gen that i didn't see in the pics was the amount of shine certain pieces had, guess they put their elbow into polishing at Tourneau (lol)

calbears03

Known Member
12/1/07
i am now leaning toward rubys 45.5 ETA PO. 219 shipped (paypal). is this watch the same as josh/andrews? is it considered the ultimate?

so josh/andrews asian copy eta will cost 158 shipped. anyone have an opinion on if i should get Rubys PO for ~$60 more. sorry for the newb questions. im trying to make a good decision on my first rep.

thanks in advance

robc_uk

25/11/06
bam rock said:
OK so I'll start off with a link to this piece:
http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?mai ... ucts_id=22

OK starting off I noticed the bracelet is engraved "PROFESSIONAL" which I think was an issue until the 4th gen started engraving PLANET OCEAN. I would like it to have the proper engravings but at the right size and price I'm willing to overlook that. The main problems that I can remember reading about were different sized hour markers, and the Omega logo touching the Seamaster writing. Bam

Sorry to post this so late on but I'd left mine at work over the weekend. I'm wearing it now and on the 'buckle' it says under the Omega symbol:

OMEGA
Seamaster (in cursive script)
PROFESSIONAL
PLANET OCEAN

Also the Omega symbol is NOT touching the Seamaster .

As I said before, you can't beat this watch at this price.

Rob

rapidascent

18/3/06
The bracelet on this PO looks pretty good...

I was on a cruise a few weeks ago and tried on a 45mm PO gen and was amazed at the quality of the bracelet. I had never noticed how fine it was and now the pics seem to show the rep bracelet is very similar also. Has anyone compared the gen and rep bracelets?

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
I am still curious if anyone knows if the Orange Rubber strap is fantasy or not. I cannot find a single photo of a Genuine one at Omega's website or any AD's. Anyone know?

CISO