• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

triple AP

juanstar

Known Member
30/5/07
last addition to the family the EOD,
BTW, Thanks TTK for the Smooth deal, nothing to complain about :wink:

ROO wrist shots comparison :

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Nice trio. Glad everything went smooth for you.

Sean K

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
Very nice. I really like that End of Days. I've always wondered if rep PVD is paint or goes through the real PVD process. Sorry, not suggesting your's is paint. It looks great. I want one. I'm talking about my own PVD issues.

juanstar

Known Member
30/5/07
doctorron said:
Very nice. I really like that End of Days. I've always wondered if rep PVD is paint or goes through the real PVD process. Sorry, not suggesting your's is paint. It looks great. I want one. I'm talking about my own PVD issues.

frankly, I have owned a DSN-009, and I can tell that the EOD doesn't look like the PAM.
You are right it looks like painting, but that watch is definitively a killer.

Despite that, I have a mix feeling about that EOD. No questions about how good that REP is, but I still cannot make my mind if I like it or not.
So I might sell it within the next few days.

Ramiel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/5/07
Hi Juan,

Could you please comment a little about yours ROO chrono?
I am thinking of buying the exactly same model. How good is it? Could you please tell me from which dealer you purchased it?

Thanks,

Ramiel

Grahamdunn

5/7/07
Juanstar -- Noooooo!

Dont sell the EOD! Since August 6, I have been in money transfer hell trying to get the $600 for it to Paso (who has patiently held it for me all this time). We went through a lost bank wire which took a month to get my money back, survived a denied online monegram transfer, and I just this morning had to drive to a bank and then to moneygram office to finally send the payment for that EOD! :x

And now you say that in theory in few days I could have bought one on the board (and probably for less)???

So I say that EOD looks FAR awesomer on your wrist than those silly other APs... Sell them why dont you? :twisted:

Grahamdunn

juanstar said:
Despite that, I have a mix feeling about that EOD. No questions about how good that REP is, but I still cannot make my mind if I like it or not.
So I might sell it within the next few days.

rei

18/12/06
The chrome on black on the EOD looks awesome, but its really a matter of style. EOD looks great with casual wear...like G-star/Diesel clothing, IMO. If you're biz casual, the SS ROO/ jumbo looks alot better.

EOD is currently my favorite watch although I'm not too sure about the shiny subdial rings.

-rei

juanstar

Known Member
30/5/07
well, thanks about all the comments :) ,
Surprisingly my favourite is the RO jumbo, I don't know why...

Out of the 3 that's really the most beautiful (in my mind), and the most comfortable to wear. Perfect size, perfect weight and perfect look.
Once again, I don't know why but everytime I am wearing it, it seems to attract more attention or comment than any of the 2 other ones.
The ROO black theme bracelet is not so well finished compared to the Jumbo, and the EOD strap is uncomfortable.

Nevertheless those 3 are real killers, and I would recommend anybody to try them at least once.
Cheers,

Pizzanooo

Renowned Member
17/3/06
The black case on the Eod is neither paint or Pvd. I understand the manufacturer heated the cases to a high degree and polished it to get the same effect as the gen. It doesnt scratch easy, but can scratch as I can attest to when changing the strap my first time.
Btw juanstar, your right. Get that crappy strap that came with it off. I have a carbon strap and Kevlar I got for it and it is 100% better looking on these. You can also get the ultimate, black horn-back with yellow stitch.
Pizzanooo.

Grahamdunn

5/7/07
Hey Pizzanooo:

I think I heard you mention that horn-back / yellow stitch strap before in another thread. Where can I get one? (I have an EOD on the way from PASO....

Thanks!

grahamdunn

Pizzanooo said:
The black case on the Eod is neither paint or Pvd. I understand the manufacturer heated the cases to a high degree and polished it to get the same effect as the gen. It doesnt scratch easy, but can scratch as I can attest to when changing the strap my first time.
Btw juanstar, your right. Get that crappy strap that came with it off. I have a carbon strap and Kevlar I got for it and it is 100% better looking on these. You can also get the ultimate, black horn-back with yellow stitch.
Pizzanooo.

Pizzanooo

Renowned Member
17/3/06
You can get it from either Simona or Hktan. Also got a mail from apbands that they will have stock in or around the 25th of this month for the Eod and older case offshores. If you sign up on their site for a newsletter, they will send along a discount mail for straps. :wink:

digi

Known Member
2/9/07
sorry, do all of your AP's have the running sec at 12/ looks like it in the picts? thx

Grahamdunn

5/7/07
Pizzanooo:

I just got my EOD and getting ready to order a custom strap. One question -- what did you do for the buckles?

I'd love to have a black AP buckle on the band, but the one on the nylon band is tiny...

Grahamdunn

Pizzanooo said:
You can get it from either Simona or Hktan. Also got a mail from apbands that they will have stock in or around the 25th of this month for the Eod and older case offshores. If you sign up on their site for a newsletter, they will send along a discount mail for straps. :wink:

rei

18/12/06
FYI......AP bands sells buckles in two sizes.....I purchased one that has yet to arrive.

-rei