• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trevor's PO = UPO?

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
1. Is Trevor's 45.5 PO the same as UPO? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.

2. What's the deal with the omega logo feet on UPO's again? I understand that there was a thread about it being a problem, but I didn't notice it on the pictures.

sweet

14/4/07
1. Yes.

2. Most UPOs have crooked logos where the feet aren't lined up straight with the text. If the pictures didn't look too bad, it probably won't be a problem. It's just that the logo is at about 5 degree angle from the text.

varock

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/07
the feet on the uPO's are also wrong. they should be flat like the 4th gen PO's...the uPO has them pointing upwards. it's pretty glaring IMO, if you know what to look for.

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
varock said:
the feet on the uPO's are also wrong. they should be flat like the 4th gen PO's...the uPO has them pointing upwards. it's pretty glaring IMO, if you know what to look for.

Actually, I dont think the curled feet are that big an issue and it is not noticable unless you are the obsessive compulsive type...in that case, the micro milimeters short that the markers are on the rep should give you plenty of enjoyable insomnia for a few nites....

Or you could always commit yourself... :roll:

Buy the UPO because you want one and you enjoy its stylings. Do not turn it down because the tiny feet on the tiny :roll: logo curl up a little...

Life is too short................. :wink:

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
4th gen po have curled feet

post above, I agree completely the curled feet don't bother me at all

D

d4m.test

agree with pf and amptor. live with the minor flaws and enjoy one of the best reps ever made. i don't remember how many upo i bought and returned and sold. never got a perfect alignment of logo.

-bk

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
and there are PO's out there with very good logo placement.

Check this out:

po3.jpg

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
oh...

and one more comment:

I have thought about this logo issue and I think that for most of these dials, there is a chance for TWO problems:

the printing of the name OMEGA is slightly off as well as the logo....

When they assemble these dial at the factories, they must use invisible markers on the dial which are visible prior to applying the "stick-ons" but if a worker is psuhed to work faster or the assembler is old and blind, the glueing of these tiny items like the logo and the markers will be off.

My 2 cents

catchthecat

9/12/06
drfcfighter said:
1. Is Trevor's 45.5 PO the same as UPO? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.

AHh I see, swapping out that 42 for a 45 eh? I was ready to get Trevors 42 until you posted yours, gimme gimme gimme.

catchthecat

9/12/06
amptor said:
4th gen po have curled feet

post above, I agree completely the curled feet don't bother me at all

The factory must of found and old box of 1968 parts.