• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Travelling with replica watches

Anon12

Do not accept unsolicited offers
10/4/22
Hey guys, didn’t really know where to put this post. In October i will be travelling from Hamburg to the US via airplane. I want to bring my two replica watches with me, just so that i have a nice rotation. The reps are nothing too crazy, a Datejust and an Aquanaut. I was just wondering if i could get into problems bringing my reps with me. Also i wanted to ask you guys (if it was safe for me to bring them) where i should store them. In my backpack which i carry with me or in my luggage?
Best regards

PHutch

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/1/20
I think the state the airports are in with staff they won’t give a shit about a watch. I travel twice a month to Europe and no one has even looked in in 20 years. I hope this helps dude

Reactions: Anon12

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
They do not care what you wear or have. Just don't travel with a quantity that could catch attention towards intention to distribute. I've flown with up to 5 or 6.

Reactions: xray7 and Anon12

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Good question. In NL at the airport you are allowed to have 3 replica items in your possession without a problem.

But then customs needs to be able to identify a replica item, in this case a watch. I have learned to not underestimate their skills so I stick to the 3 items rule. Well 4, one on my wrist and 3 in luggage. A man needs his reps hehe

Reactions: leo6929 and Anon12

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
No need to DM OP, just use this thread

Advice: suitcase luggage not carry-on. Because with the latter the reps can be easily spotted through x-ray and you might questions.

Troklo

Supporter
Certified
23/12/15
Travelled many times with mine in Europe and US no one ever even looked at them

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
From what I saw, they will scrutinize jewelry more than watches.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I most of the time travel with at least two, one in my wrist and another in my hand luggage. Sometimes even two in my hand luggage, and never ever had any problems whatsoever.

M4STERBATUR

Getting To Know The Place
28/12/19
In Singapore airport, if you bring the boxes, papers, cards etc. They'll inspect it, and if it's counterfeit they'll seize and fine you. ( Owning counterfeit item in SG isn't illegal but buying and selling are, then they assume you're there to sell them hence you'll get fines)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
In Singapore airport, if you bring the boxes, papers, cards etc. They'll inspect it, and if it's counterfeit they'll seize and fine you. ( Owning counterfeit item in SG isn't illegal but buying and selling are, then they assume you're there to sell them hence you'll get fines)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Lol. How they gonna know it’s fake bro?
They’ll will more likely assume it’s gen and potentially ask you to pay 20% tax (or whatever) on the 6 “Pateks” that you’re importing.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: RedBearrd

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Hey guys, didn’t really know where to put this post. In October i will be travelling from Hamburg to the US via airplane. I want to bring my two replica watches with me, just so that i have a nice rotation. The reps are nothing too crazy, a Datejust and an Aquanaut. I was just wondering if i could get into problems bringing my reps with me. Also i wanted to ask you guys (if it was safe for me to bring them) where i should store them. In my backpack which i carry with me or in my luggage?
Best regards

I would leave them home. But I am a sissy.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
ask Tucker about uncle ned

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I just went to the U.S. and back to Canada with one on wrist and three in carry on. Went through x-ray and actually got random selected for extra inspection. No problems. They never asked why I had multiple watches although three were homages and one rep.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
It also depends a bit on where you are going and what condition your watches are in. It's not about authenticity, but whether you want to avoid import duties and taxes. For example, if you come from Dubai or the UAE with three very new-looking Rolexes in your hand luggage to a customs inspection here in Germany, the customs officers may assume that you bought the watches there and want to avoid the 19% sales tax and customs duty. And that is not a trivial offense with very expensive watches ;-)

jimbotron

Getting To Know The Place
10/11/21
Traveling to the US is fine, they won't even ask to see them. I travel to the US frequently and carry 2 to 3 watches with me for rotation. I always keep them in a travel watch case and place them in my carry on.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Raddave is correct. Be careful partner. We joke about replica watches and the law on this forum, but my Uncle Ned spent 5 years in Leavenworth for brining replica watches into the United States in his LL Bean carry on bag. He had more than 2 watches. Remember, if you are buying replica watches you are living on the edge. Always have an exit strategy and never go down without a fight.

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Always have an exit strategy and never go down without a fight.

This.

Is there any Paypal Adress that we can support your uncle Ned? I think maybe PTSD curing is expensive and not payd by insurance over there?
Damn, those replica watches are on cocaine-level!

• Haha
Reactions: wilsonpepper

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
I travel my whole life with reps, no problems in the years.

Gesendet von meinem 2107113SG mit Tapatalk

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Raddave is correct. Be careful partner. We joke about replica watches and the law on this forum, but my Uncle Ned spent 5 years in Leavenworth for brining replica watches into the United States in his LL Bean carry on bag. He had more than 2 watches. Remember, if you are buying replica watches you are living on the edge. Always have an exit strategy and never go down without a fight.

Dude, some bros will actually believe this and will never bring their rep out of their house, ever :blink: