• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Traded the Nissan in.

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
With the arrival of our daughter, we quickly realized that loading our bundle of joy in and out of a two door coupe was a huge pain in the ass. We have a 2010 Mazda CX-7 (turbo mid size sport SUV) that the wife drives, but we needed at least four doors on both of our cars. Out with the 2008 Altima coupe, in with the 2011 WRX Premium. I went up to the dealership with the intentions of buying the Sti version, but the test drive changed my mind. The exhaust was way too loud, which was about the only difference I would notice on a daily basis and not worth the $5,000+ price increase.

The WRX is actually proving to have faster 0-60 times (4.7 sec) than the Sti and runs the 1/4 mile in the high 13's. The Sti would be a better track car, the WRX a better daily driver for a guy with a newborn.

IMG_7519x.jpg

IMG_7514x.jpg

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7543.jpg

IMG_7545.jpg

IMG_7509.jpg

IMG_7497.jpg

IMG_7516.jpg

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
The WRX is actually proving to have faster 0-60 times (4.7 sec) than the Sti and runs the 1/4 mile in the high 13's. The Sti would be a better track car, the WRX a better daily driver for a guy with a newborn.

Men are so funny.

I like the fact that you're looking for a practical car for a newborn and still concerned about how long it takes to do 0-60. I'll bet she really enjoys that acceleration surge. :) You know what's really going to happen is that you're going to be putting her in the car and driving her around the neighborhood to try to get her to sleep, right?

Congratulations on both your new "babies". :)

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
the wrx is a wet dream. enjoy it, and your child MORE!!! (no high G's with an infant bro...)

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Men are so funny.

I like the fact that you're looking for a practical car for a newborn and still concerned about how long it takes to do 0-60. I'll bet she really enjoys that acceleration surge. :) You know what's really going to happen is that you're going to be putting her in the car and driving her around the neighborhood to try to get her to sleep, right?

the wrx is a wet dream. enjoy it, and your child MORE!!! (no high G's with an infant bro...)

I'm completely in love with them both.

Thanks guys. The WRX is practical & safe (top safety ratings all around for Subaru). It really is a wolf in sheep's clothing. A true drivers car that doubles as a family sedan. I just don't think there's a more exciting 4 door for $30K or less on the market today.

dustindu4

18/7/11
I was driving a 12 second 2005 Mustang GT when my kid was born. It was ok when he was in an infant seat but when he outgrew that I got an Accord and kept the mustang. I didn't go for "beat rides" with the child in it, but the straight through exhaust was probably a little much. Now I just drive the Accord when toting the family around when not using the wife's SUV.

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
I like this much better than the Nissan ;) Congrats on the car, and many on the child :)

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Your suggestion has been eating at me...

I'm definitely a fan of the new widebody rex's..... Congrats on bub, and the car.... :)

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Men are so funny.

Come on, these are important statistics! Baby or no baby, guys will be interested in cars.

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Thanks fella's!

Your suggestion has been eating at me...

I'm definitely a fan of the new widebody rex's..... Congrats on bub, and the car.... :)

It's an awful lot of car for the money. The back seat and trunk room will completely surprise you. I can't think of another car with 4 doors in it's price range that offers anything quite like it. The updated lines are really sharp. As you can probably tell, I'm still very happy with my decision.