• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TOTAL overall length PO 42. vs 45

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
OK, so I know there have been endless threads about the size difference between the 42mm and 45mm PO's. My question is, what is the total overall size difference in the two, from top to bottom.

I currently have a 42, but am looking to upgrade to a new one and want the Ultimate, which is only 45. This is the size that really matters to me, as I measured across the top of my wrist.

If ANYONE has both, could they PLLLEEAASSEE do a measurement. I have looked at a few different pics and it doesn't appear as though the total length is that much different, but rather the actual dial itself is larger on the 45 (keeping the total length almost the same). THANKS!

Borrowed pic (from Andrewww) for reference:

po.jpg

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
piratedzeus said:
http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20311

Wow, thanks. I skipped right over that post

No offense pirate.. but you had like 6 PO posts, so I got a little tired of reading every one! :lol:

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
So me, being lame, just went and cut a piece of paper 51.23mm and put it up to my 42.5mm PO and it was practically the same size!

To take it one step further, could anyone post a straight on shot of the 42 and 45mm PO's next to each other! :lol:

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
kinneyrhs said:
So me, being lame, just went and cut a piece of paper 51.23mm and put it up to my 42.5mm PO and it was practically the same size!

To take it one step further, could anyone post a straight on shot of the 42 and 45mm PO's next to each other! :lol:

PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEE!!! I want to order the PO Lite tonight, but I really don't want to hate it :lol:

NAVIGATER

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/10/06
I can make it for you tonight. Tonight is n my local time in about 6 hours if that is OK for you

Greetings Navi :wink:

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
NAVIGATER said:
I can make it for you tonight. Tonight is n my local time in about 6 hours if that is OK for you

Navi, taht would be awesome! I PM'ed you back.

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
omegapocompare7sj6.jpg

I already send kinneyrhs more pics he needed and he already ordered his 45 verison

I know the 6 oclock marker in the black one is of so please nobody has to tell me :roll:

But the two watches will be updated if i got some time for it

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Stupid Quality Control... they buy the gen to replicate it 1:1 and then add new flaws that can be seen from the biggest watch newbie

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
piratedzeus said:
Stupid Quality Control... they buy the gen to replicate it 1:1 and then add new flaws that can be seen from the biggest watch newbie

That is true if a wear the watch it is not that bad, but if i see the pic i just posted i look terrible and i have to fix it realy fast

kpasadoc

Horology Curious
25/2/07
Thanks!

Those side by side pics helped me with my decission. I had the same concern, but after your pics, I went with the 45. Thank you!

watchlover

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/06
@senor bugs bunny:

The thickness of the watch will impact the 'bulkiness'

The best way to check, is to go to an Omega retailer, and ask to try on the 45
..which means delaying your purchase by a day.. up to you sir.

;)

BTW, if you wear panerai, you'll have no problem downing the omega :D