• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Took my Planet Ocean 45.5 to get bracelet sized...

gmnorris

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/07
So I just took my Planet Ocean 45.5 to a watch-repair shop near my work to get the bracelet resized. I've been able to size all my own bracelets up til this point (IWC's and Breitlings), but didn't have the pin-removal tool for the Omega. So I somewhat nervously asked if they worked on all types of watches (Omega is listed on the storefront, but it's not an AD, they just service and carry some used ones)... they said no problem, glanced briefly at the watch, and took down my information.

Long story short, I just went back to pick it up, and the lady up front at the counter was fawning all over me, showing me how carefully they removed the links, how there was no damage, and that I should make sure not to lose the extra links since it's such an expensive watch, and they're so expensive to replace. 8) :D

Now, I realize they could just be ignorant... but this wasn't some "we change watch batteries" place at the mall. The watchsmith has been there for 35 years. It was certainly enough to make my day. This UPO could very well be the most spot-on rep I own.

BTW, HUGE thanks to Fakemaster for hooking me up, he's great to work with, and goes out of his way to make sure everything is right before he sends it out. I couldn't be happier. Wristshots coming as soon as I can track down some batteries for my camera...

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Years ago when I took my watches to the jeweler for resizing I never saw the watchsmith do it. It was always one of the counter people. The watchsmith may never have seen it.

gmnorris

31/10/07
brtelec said:
Years ago when I took my watches to the jeweler for resizing I never saw the watchsmith do it. It was always one of the counter people. The watchsmith may never have seen it.

He was definitely the one to do it, the "counter person" I believe was his wife. Small little shop, with his workbench right out front... he gave me the quote and did the work. But I know what you mean.

Alternately, he could have just not cared, and his wife was the one that had no idea what it was... :D

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
lol

same thing happened to me about six weeks ago.. 'fawning' is kinda neat to experience in person..

was an omega also..

they like you now..

:D

Life is Good!

Klink

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
The PO is a fantastic rep.

I believe that they where never guessing that your watch was a rep at anytime unless the quality was really poor. Most of the reps that we are lucky enough to get here will ever be spotted unless the WS pops off the back or is a member of RWI/RWG and looks at tell-tail sign every day, all day long.

Matt

chillininla

Known Member
27/8/07
I had a very similar experience when i took my Tag Carrera to get resized. It felt great when they made a big deal about how great the watch was and told me not to lose the links cuz they're expensive.

vintage911

2/7/07
nice! when I went to get mine sized, the guy was like "wow, this is a beautiful omega!"

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Nice to get compliments

from peeples what

dun know sheeite!

(feels all warm an fuzzzy!)