• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Too picky? - QC pictures, AP 15703 ZF

kurtvado

24/8/15
My advice to you is not to be pedantic. This is a replica AP watch and not an actual AP per se. You paid around $500 for this I think, and you are already going to get more than your money's worth on the watch. At the end of the day, you are the one wearing it so you can make your own decision and reject 10 rounds of QC for whatever reason. This is between you and your dealer.

Yes the forum exists partially to help newbies and owners with specific aspects of the QC which they are unfamiliar with. But there has to be a limit to third party involvement in what will be YOUR watch. You can trust me that when I say that nobody is interested in your QC pictures more than you, I speak for the community. Besides, I think that you are now nitpicking over a $500 replica, for which the greatest tell isn't the watch but likely the owner.
To answer your question, your lume looks perfectly fine. Now, please understand I have to draw the line here and ask you to stop updating this thread requesting for QC help. The "help" you are seeking has been for non-existent or insignificant issues so far and I do not think I want a 3rd round of QC for say, the way the crystal reflection looks. Trust me when I say that typically, guys who pick on all these during QC are often the greatest tells having an AP on the wrist. You do not need the community involved in picking out the "perfect 1:1 look-at-how-gen-it-is" watch" for you. This is your watch and your decision. Kindly stop rejecting the QC and then posting the next one with an equally insignificant concern.

If you are so pedantic, go get a gen please. I will be closing this thread if you continue to reject your QCs and update it with stuff nobody cares or should care about, because as you can see for yourself, it is degenerating into a thread making fun of you and your concern. I don't think that is healthy too.

So accept your watch and move on. And don't forget to thank the guys who helped you along the way.
Hi @legend

Thanks for your reply and I will only reply you as this is a unserious community today.

I have ordered plenty of watches and not a newbie - been a member for years, but as soon I am asking for specific advice for fellow members due to uncertainity and more specific inquiries of typical/non-typical flaws, people are too unserious, whether the flaws are minor or not.

This thread should be educational for other members also, regarding the specific watch, but the way the members are handling it here today, is too wrong. Wonder why the AP section can be quite some time and that is mainly due to members behaving like this.

Only you and @AAH1483 commenting with relevans, but 90 % of all other posts are non-relevant.

My advice to the admins is making a new section for all brands a QC section, where people can ask their concerns and you have strict rules whether how people are behaving, or just forbid everything regarding QC on RWI, because it is waste of my and yours time like this.

Wonder why this community is so unserious today. Where is the old days.

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
OP, I am really amazed by your post. You post your QC pics here and ask for opinions and whether they are really flaws. Headed with the question "am I too picky".

Both have been answered, several times: the watch is fine, what you see as a flaw is not a flaw and is due to the light exposure. You won't see it on the wrist. Ergo: Yes, you are too picky.

But suddenly you post more pictures of a new watch. Means: You simply ignored the advice of the users and had a new watch presented to you. Can you understand that as a user who commented here, feel wound up by you? Why ask when you ignore advice anyway?

What’s the purpose of this thread when you ignore the advice of other members anyway? Or do you just accept responses who fit your initial opinion?

Especially since the new watch looks just as good as the first one. Ok apart from the big scratch on the 12 o'clock lug....

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi @legend

Thanks for your reply and I will only reply you as this is a unserious community today.

I have ordered plenty of watches and not a newbie - been a member for years, but as soon I am asking for specific advice for fellow members due to uncertainity and more specific inquiries of typical/non-typical flaws, people are too unserious, whether the flaws are minor or not.

This thread should be educational for other members also, regarding the specific watch, but the way the members are handling it here today, is too wrong. Wonder why the AP section can be quite some time and that is mainly due to members behaving like this.

Only you and @AAH1483 commenting with relevans, but 90 % of all other posts are non-relevant.

My advice to the admins is making a new section for all brands a QC section, where people can ask their concerns and you have strict rules whether how people are behaving, or just forbid everything regarding QC on RWI, because it is waste of my and yours time like this.

Yes you started this thread to ask for help. This is not educational for most members because members will know what a misaligned marker is for example, intuitively when they see one. It’s like a dial being crooked. You won’t need a thread showing it to understand that it looks off.

Let’s face it, the purpose of this thread primarily is to let members do QC for your watch. You benefit from it not anyone else. Let’s not put your watch at the center of the universe and assume that it’s a privilege for every member to come here and go away with new knowledge and that you’re doing everyone a favor. That’s not the case sir and you know it. There are a lot of threads which are educational and QC threads benefit mostly the person asking about flaws. The rest of the community tolerates it and you may get a few useful replies depending on your concern.

You opened this thread to ask about whether the first watch was ok and you got your opinions… and chose to ignore them anyway. So why ask for opinions and reject watches continually if opinions don’t matter? Also why be so picky and then make it the business of the community to partake in something which is your business alone? It’s very simple: if you can accept the watch, accept it. If you cannot, then exchange it for another. There is no need to involve the community especially when you’re mainly looking for support to reject the watch and finding none, reject it anyway.

The forum cannot be centered around or built on someone’s QC photos. These achieve nothing mostly except take up space and help one person get his QC done and off he rides off into the sunset (often thanklessly) to enjoy his watch on his wrist and maybe show it off as gen because it’s oh so good. I personally do not find the process meaningful. You asked for help and you received it. Yet you’re here to complain about the members here who have helped you and the guys who put up with this thread which serves to benefit one guy primarily: you.

Did I sum up the facts and situation correctly? If I missed something please feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
@kurtvado

If you would like to respond to me directly, then…..
That was totally out of line, allow me to apologise…..

Bring it in mate…..

If I don’t take my meds in the morning I can get a little…..

🤪

• Haha
Reactions: legend and domiffm

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Hi @legend

You have lost your mind.

Reactions: legend and g00n