• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

To buy or not to buy? PO experts i need u!

mamajabubu

Known Member
3/11/10
hey guys, I've been drooling over a gen Seamaster for so long now. This second hand Planet Ocean 2201.50.00 is available for $2,700 and before I even consider buying it I want to ask you guys for opinion whether it is a GEN!

Where else better to ask whether a seamaster is a gen or fake than our omega rep experts.

It comes with a receipt that says the watch was bought for about $5,000 in 2009. Now is this model more expensive than the dial with the waves because I've seen them for $4,500 at the AD over here.

Many thanks!

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
NOT in my expert opinion, but it does look gen.
my only thoughts are the He valve and crown look like the right size and shape.

But i think me personally would only ever buy a gen from an AD or somebody i knew and could have the watch checked at an AD before buying.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
The caseback looks very gen to me, also check the serial number.

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
pearl looks good as does the hue of AR.

indices on dial face also look good, but then again it could just be pics of a gen watch.
not to say thats what you'll get.

not trying to scare you but just my own fears.

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
Does look very gen to me ... or it is a very good franken
But it need to be open by an AD to be sure ... and as Dr.Verylong said : check the serial ..

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
If your in the US that price is high for a used PO by at least $500.

mamajabubu

Known Member
3/11/10
over here we get mutiple taxes on everything which makes much expensive. Anyway, the guy send pic's of the serial no. on the card and case but with 2 of the digits blurred out.

He would not response when i asked for high res pic of the watch, which is not a good sign. Looks like no deal.

I mean, who's gonna drop that much cash for something based on a couple of med res photos.

angkikee

Known Member
14/12/10
It does look Gen to me. the bracelet links look different from the rep ones. also the SL where it meets the case looks better than a typical rep. Pearl looks gen on size, proportion. This is the 42mm PO so like the others i think it's a bit pricey, but the watch does look like it's in good shape. your call.