• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

To build a franken 42mm or tw best sub+ gen parts??

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Hey guys,

I am wanting ya'lls opinion on this dilemma I have... I LOVE bot the planet ocean 42mm and the sub, mostly b/c of the james bond heritage. I have all the funds to build a franken planet ocean OR a tw sub w quite a few gen parts... The question is which one!?? I was wearing my new 42mm PO all day yesterday and the more I thought ab it I wanted the sub. I just thought I'd post this up here and see what ppl thought before I made the wrong decision haha! Cheers.

tolis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/09
dont spent money and go to buy one original!!!!

dan_j

5/11/10
Well you posted this on the Omega forum so I think you already know the answer :p

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
There is a 4GPO case F/S from paparas right now. :lol:

Now is the perfect time to build your PO!

Robbo73

27/5/11

Q5?... would you be better off buying a 5th gen for Franken or 4th is much the same? Been thinking Franken/mod myself and noted some challenges with your 4G project.

tolis

Banned
24/8/09
you spend $$$$$$ to franken a replica?come on!!!!replica is replica!!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Franken all the way... There is no chance regrating building one.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

ilyayef

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/10

I saw that, but are the case dimensions good enough to swap a gen bezel and crystal plus the he valve isn't in the correct position is it on a forth gen?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Hatersgonnahate.gif

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I saw that, but are the case dimensions good enough to swap a gen bezel and crystal plus the he valve isn't in the correct position is it on a forth gen?

You will have bezel issues with both cases. (4th & 5th Gen) I really like having a proper bezel turn. If you decide to use the Gen Bezel ($250 0.o) you risk not having that. That is why I kept my rep bezel and luckily had R2 do his famous pearl swap. :)

The HEV is in the correct spot on the 4th Gen and the proper size. The 5th Gen sticks out like a cell antenna. :lol:

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
I realize this thread has had a couple mos. to cool off but I'm faced with the same question...Franken 42mm PO or Franken 16610. I like em both so I'm going to do BOTH. And because the Omega parts can be easier to find (ofrei and cousins.uk..one stop shops) I've decided to build the PO first....slowly. I just landed a gen caseback at a great price from a great guy (and forum member) and the crown/tube and gen bezel are on the way. I will post before/after pics along with a step by step of the build.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Oh yeah! Congrats of starting this! :)

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Done yet? Pics?
Mines not...if this was directed at me. I've got the case back, clasp, SEL's and DW in so far...then got side-tracked with the Franken BK Exp.II..( THANKS DarthAlex).and then recently side-tracked yet again with the Franken BK TW Sub...( THANKS BK.) The Exp.II is finished and the TW still needs gen crystal, crown, tube and clasp......ut it shouldn't be long before I pick up the PO dial, hands, crystal and bezel and finish it. While the epoxy job on the case tube worked out well on one of the PO's (the one I wear regularly) the case and gen tube for the Franken will get sent off to Zigmeister for his "custom bushing" installation...allowing the gen tube to screw right in as it should.