• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

To all TAG Carrera owners - please tell me the lug width

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
I finally pulled the trigger on a TAG Carrera Chrono, but would like to swap out the stainless steel (it's possible, right?) for a quality leather strap, which I intend to order before the watch arrives. The only problem is that I'm not sure of the lug width, as some sites give the gen's lug width as 19 and some as 20 mm.

Could anyone who owns a Carrera Chrono be so friendly to tell me which one it is?

Thanks in advance :)

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Its 19mm but I have ojnly see the gen straps in this size. I use 20mm on them and it fits just fine.

mortledge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/06
I bought my Carrera with rubber and steel. Never used the steel, I had a gloss black croc
strap already and it looked good with the gloss black dial on mine. Yes 20mm will do it.
The lugs measure 20.13mm on mine, bought from King 6 months ago.

Tagcarr001.jpg

Tagcarr002.jpg

Tagcarr003-lugs.jpg

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
Thanks for the help guys, now I'm off to order a strap...

mortledge, love that digital calliper, it's the lazy engineers' favourite tool :lol: I've gotten so used to the digital when we're buildling prototypes at my faculty I'm starting to have serious trouble reading a normal, analog one.

mortledge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/06
marinlicina said:
Thanks for the help guys, now I'm off to order a strap...

mortledge, love that digital calliper, it's the lazy engineers' favourite tool :lol: I've gotten so used to the digital when we're buildling prototypes at my faculty I'm starting to have serious trouble reading a normal, analog one.

I must have 4 pair of dial callipers all inch. All this watch stuff is mm, easy to push setting button
on digital for conversion.