• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tired of scammers? Time for pics! 4th gen Planet Ocean

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
With all the sad threads lately....its time to put up some pics I've had sitting on my hard drive. Yes, I save them for rainy days (so to speak). Keep an eye out for a set I have coming with this PO on a new black shark chrono strap. Enjoy!

86778353dq7.jpg

92543241it9.jpg

34141858bg2.jpg

pa300005on9.jpg

pa300011ar6.jpg

pa300002ub4.jpg

81344109ke8.jpg

AR shot!

pa140002ej1.jpg

Rollex

Renowned Member
3/3/07
Excellent photo's and a beautiful watch, that I must add to my collection.

Thanks for steering the lately gloomy vibe to a brighter topic :)

drhydro

23/3/06
So.... When are you mailing it, and when can I expect my traaaaacking numbererrr? :twisted: :shock: :D

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Great shots. That's what these forums are all about!

HLB96

Known Member
26/5/07
Very nice shots. This makes me want a UPO Orange bezel even more. The only thing holding me back are the wrong caseback popping up now and the pearl and bezel alignment problem. Again nice pics, I wish I could take photos that good.

BlueFin

15/3/06
It is sad that some members has to go through this (scammed). We just need to be more vigilante.

dscf0509ga8.jpg

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Those are really nice pictures, and you have a great example of a 4GPO. It is really hard to capture how elegant that watch looks in pictures -- At least with my skills.

Another thing I've noticed too. I love the color of this watch, but it clashes with a lot of things. You almost have to dress with this watch in mind. olive/khaki or white/jeans seem to work.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
I've seen mention in this thread of caseback, bezel alignment and pearl issues with the 4th gen... These are (for the most part) issues I was unaware of... as far as I know the 4th gen casebacks are all the same... the bezels i've never heard complaints about alingment... yah the pearl is "different", but its far from "obviously wrong"

The 4th gen *being the 42mm version of the PO* isn't the UPO by any strech... its He valve is incorrectly placed at the 10 marker... the minute hand is about 1.5mm too short... and the obvious lack of crystal top AR (that all stock PO reps lack)... other than that its pretty spot on. For around 50usd you can toss gen hands on the 4th gen and have one of the finest reps around *if you don't like the larger case diameter so popular at the moment*... and honestly now... other than rep collectors and the occasional truly anal member of TZ; who can call this as a rep when its on the wrist?

Don't take my post as knocking the 4th gen at all... it has been and remains one of my favorites... I had mine Vaccum serviced and gen hands installed... I had no idea an ETA movement could be so smooooth... no "clicks" at all during winding... just "whirrrr"... as I stated above it is simply one of the finest reps available.

I'd highly recommend that anyone who doesn't own a PO for fear of the UPO dwarfing their wrists... track down a 4th gen (or I guess a 5th gen... big difference... Omeeega symbol moved down two hairs on the dial....)... I pretty much can assure without reservation that this is one of the finest reps you'll lay hands on.... not to mention that it holds a place in rep lore as one of the first "Super-Reps" along with the Tag Link Chrono.

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
I thought mine has a good He placement. It is a few minutes above 10 o'clock, so much so that only the very bottom of the He valve lines up with the 10 o'clock marker. This was from the very first batch of Andrew's 4th gens so perhaps the case changed to a lower He over time? The feet on the omega logo also changed slightly, but that really takes some eagle eyes! I think the smooth caseback issue was with some recent UPO's and not the 4th gen's? Seriously though, the second I picked up this watch I was blown away by the look, feel, and craftsmanship.