• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thoughts on 9015 movement

reppotato

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/22
Miyota 9015 is known to be a workhorse movement and easy to modify. Its widely used in many reps but I feel the winding efficiency is quite low, especially if you silence the annoying oscillating weight noise. What do you guys think about this movement?

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Wrong section. Moving it to the tech area.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Great movement. Miyota’s response to ETA’s 2824 and 2836. Only downside is that the rotors can get loud without proper lubrication.

reppotato

5/10/22
Great movement. Miyota’s response to ETA’s 2824 and 2836. Only downside is that the rotors can get loud without proper lubrication.
Personally, I find after the silencing, the watch will stop during the night as the winding efficiency goes down. Does it happen to yours too?

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Personally, I find after the silencing, the watch will stop during the night as the winding efficiency goes down. Does it happen to yours too?

This does not sound right. After proper lubrication with the correct oil for this task the rotor should rather spin easier and thus wind the watch at least as well as before.

Reactions: mclarendude

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Agreed with ^

You could be using the incorrect lubricant. Something thicker.

Reactions: Geonor

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Agreed with ^

You could be using the incorrect lubricant. Something thicker.
Yeah a lot of modders like to grease the rotor to silence it but what it really needs is a cleaning and a very very small amount of something like Moebius 9010. If you're using grease or thick oil and especially too much of it which is easier to do with thick oil or grease, it has a habit of seeping into the rest of the movement and causing havoc.

Reactions: mclarendude

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Yeah a lot of modders like to grease the rotor to silence it but what it really needs is a cleaning and a very very small amount of something like Moebius 9010. If you're using grease or thick oil and especially too much of it which is easier to do with thick oil or grease, it has a habit of seeping into the rest of the movement and causing havoc.
9010 does it for me. I wonder if even maybe one could use Lubeta.

Reactions: Geonor

reppotato

5/10/22
I see I see. Can I clean it off with soap or alcohol? Then use Moebius 9010 instead?

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
I see I see. Can I clean it off with soap or alcohol? Then use Moebius 9010 instead?
Not sure, I clean my parts with an ultrasonic cleaner in a glass with elma clean, then a glass with distilled water and then with isopropanol.

Reactions: reppotato