• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

This suxxxx

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
I ordered a gen crown and tube for my UPO last week from Ofrei. Well this mortning I get an email stating they are out of stock and it will be 3-4 weeks. Why dont they state this while ordering?? I will tell you why, it is so they dont have to have inventory and get get the order filled once they have your money.

But they did thank me for my patience.. Do I have a choice??

Done venting

Natron

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Yeah that does suck Natron, but that is how it is done more and more, unfortunately. You always have a choice, too bad the only choice is to not get it at all. Good luck with this.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
yeah, i think the same happened when someone ordered a omega dial

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
DEEEEEEEEEEA.......................LERRRRRRRRRRRRR

Omega Rubber Strap:
OttoFrei 192.00 plus add for buckle 3 weeks for buckle
Dealer 140.00 includes buckle shipped and installed 1 week

Otto is easy to order online but his prices and lead times are not the best sometimes. I suggest you use my guide for the part numbers and call around. You can cancel I believe.

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
well the gen crown and tube came in. they fit together nicely, the tube had a nice tight fit going into the case. I then went to thread the crown on and it wont go. I am having some troubles. the washer and a little metal retainer have come loose from the inside of the crown so now it is off to the shop for fixing.

any ideas,

Natron

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
i put the MF'er if backwards and F'd it up. After waiting 4-5 weeks I F'd it up in 4-5 minutes

Natron

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I should've read about this sooner than later :lol:

The waiting is the worst part, no?

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
well i got the old messed up tube out for now. looking through some spare parts I found an old movement with stem and omega crown and tube still attatched.

This must be what I saw before as the part inserted into the case is smooth and the end the crown threads onto has the outer threads instead of inner threads like the gen tube. The crown is the same size but has smaller and therefore more teeth around the crown.

I will use it until I source a new gen tube to install. It actually has a nice tight fit and what I am told the gen tube has a sloppy fit. If it doesnt look too bad I will just keep this one in place.

Ofrei has a minimum order and if you do not meet it they charge you anyways. anyone have another source for these parts

Natron

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Try cousinsUK... but shipping price is quite ridiculous (7 pound minimum).

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Natron,
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I am not having good modding luck either. My watch-smith is going to get my gen crown and tube tomorrow for my SMP. I know I can do it but I waited a few weeks for this and with my luck lately I just assume make sure it works.

R2

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Natron, what did you end up doing here? Can i help you in any way shape or form? Do you need someone to order from Otto and tag along another tube/crown?

JohnnySac

10/9/06
Natron said:
I ordered a gen crown and tube for my UPO last week from Ofrei. Well this mortning I get an email stating they are out of stock and it will be 3-4 weeks. Why dont they state this while ordering?? I will tell you why, it is so they dont have to have inventory and get get the order filled once they have your money.

But they did thank me for my patience.. Do I have a choice??

Done venting

Natron

This is what the DMV did to me last week...Car registration was due, after filling the forms, and asked for the dough, then told me the reg has been suspended? I did not know that, but his damn computer screen told him this....Different day, same bulllshit.